Quiet between storms

Jeremy128

True Classic
As posted recently, I have ALOT of stuff going on right now. We got that house under contract, and yesterday got a lease on our current home from some great tenants. So that is a load off....
No comes the stress and pressures of moving. We close on the new house on May 30.
Oh, I have not seen the guy that may have been interested in swapping my 128 for an alfa. But, I decided that I cannot part with my 128.
I was off work today and tommorow. So I took today as a play day. I did some running around in the Fiat, then went to make sure it can drive across the small bridge, and up the steep driveway. It is fine. No issues. So, since I was out there, I took the opportunity to check out some of those wonderful country backroads! OOOHHH what fun!
It's been a while since I could just flog the crrap out of the 128. It loved it as much as I did!
I stopped in a pretty rural area and had a "good'ol boy" pull up next to me in an old truck. He looked down at the 128 and said "Hey main, wut kinna car is that?" I told him. He got a silly grin on his face and said "Well, ths purrty neat! Ya wanna sell it?" Uh, no. I could'a parked my 128 in teh bed of his massive dually truck!
Once I move, I'm gonna be using the 128 for a commuter on decent days. I've been worried about so many thigns over the last several months, all I've had time to do with it was drive it occasionalyl to keep the seals from drying out. So, I need to give it some love. I nned to get off my arse and replace the exhause with the free flow system that I've sourced, gets wheels balanced, change oil, track down small coolant leak, play with carb, and some other stuff.
After I get settled int eh new house, I need to introduce the 128 to its new 3 1/2 car living space.

I had two guys in a massive diesel pickup pull up next to me at a light today. Looked down at my X (way down) and the passenger asked if that was a Michigan car. I looked at him funny I guess because he repeated himself and said it looks too nice to be from Michigan, I laughed and told him he was looking at the good side, the other side is rusty (and it is). The driver than started the diesel back up (had to shut it off to talk I guess, or it stalled....
Little sports cars do bring pleasure though don't they?

That's a lot of good news Jeremy

I can help carry little boxes during the move, but I am too old for heavy lifting. ;)

I stopped at the Phillips 66 at the corner to fill the tank on the 86 Sunday. While I was pumping the giant tanker rolled in right past the nose of the X. I could see the driver looking at the X and he came bouncing out of the truck once he got it parked and came right over. He knew exactly what it was and said he had one back in the 80s when he was in the service. He spent about 15 minutes reminiscing and opening every door and boot lid to look around. He couldn't believe these cars were still around. I told he he needs to get another one.

Maybe ya should have sold him one of your X's?
I dont know the move date yet Jim, but I will take you up on that offer! After we close, and before tha tbig move date, I will start taking truck loads of stuff out there. THis makes the actual move date much easier. I did that during my last move. When it came time to actually move, we just had furniture, dishes and clothes. 4 of us actually moved everything in a couple hours. 1 trip with a big ass truck. That move was only from Maplewood to Shrewsbury, so it was easier than here to Eureka.

Back