radiator hoses

peter

invercargill newzealand
Hi where does the raiator hose comingfrom the TOP of a 1500cc 1979 go? i mean at the motor end does it go on top or below the thermosat cover.
havn't explained myself very well but need to know the water flow direction from thermostat through radiator and back. there is no heat in the radiator, i have bleed it and flushed it <radiator serviced at shop> thermostat is new. temp on gauage is 190 or just under. heater works , cooling fan for carb not going. have driven total of 18 miles in 6 mile bursts.thanks

Coolant flow

Hi where does the raiator hose comingfrom the TOP of a 1500cc 1979 go? i mean at the motor end does it go on top or below the thermostat cover.
I haven't explained myself very well but need to know the water flow direction from thermostat through radiator and back. there is no heat in the radiator, i have bleed it and flushed it <radiator serviced at shop> thermostat is new. temp on guage is 190 or just under. heater works , cooling fan for carb not going. have driven total of 18 miles in 6 mile bursts.thanks

- The carb cooling fan comes on only when the engine is not running, and then only sometimes when the heat under the engine cover is really bad. So pay no attention to it.

- The upper hose at the thermostat goes to the right-hand (passenger side in my part of the world) pipe which at front of the car connects to the top corner of the radiator. The left-hand pipe draws from the bottom left-hand corner of the radiator, connects to the lower port on the thermostat.

- To see if everything is working properly, don't drive the car - just let it idle in your driveway. Without any air flow through the radiator or engine compartment, heat will build up until the thermostat opens and starts sending hot water to the radiator. And with no air flowing through the radiator, it will eventually heat up enough to kick on the radiator fan. If all is well (and with a new thermostat and shop-serviced radiator all probably is well) the fan will cycle on and off periodically and the temperature will stay within a reasonable range.

Back