RB Saratoga Top 3G

WOW.........
Ricardo YOU are the man!!!:headbang:
Checks in the mail.......................If you reallllllllllly need to test it, Australia is the perfect place, Temp ranges from 51c to -20c, rough outback roads, sun surf and sea...............I'll pay the freight:eat:
Lappy

Beautiful job Ricardo

I am very envious, looks like superb work.

I do agree on the trailing edge, the "sliced off" look of the original is ideal, but your recreation is something I would happilty suffer with :)

Any chance at all you'd be making these in a production mode where others could place an order?

Very nice work!

I think I like your version even better than the Saratoga. I own a real Saratoga top and think this is an improvement over it based on the photos. You should put a price out there to create these. There are a lot of tire kickers but once the price is set, you could move forward with serious development.

I would love to have some material to put into the RICAMBI that covers your journey on this project. If you ever want to send something my way, please do so.
Thanks!
Brett

Great Work!

Ricardo the FABRICATOR had done it again. Beautiful job! The issue of glue and screws is a good point. In autobody for a time it was a fad to glue on quarter panels, instead of weld them. Then it changed to welding the ends and gluing the middle. The reason was that if it started to peel, you were done and it would peel easily. The weld at the end would hold it together. The same idea would apply here, put a screw at the end and glue the middle. Anyway recently BMW is recommending this as the proper method for their cars. Probably also since so many butcher the welds anyway.
I can't wait to see it in person. We need another SoCal get together. ....Tony are you there? How about pancakes again?

The BEST top

HI
looks fantstic are you going to sell these if not any chance of a how to posting
Cheers Dave

Back