Re-webbing services for racing seat belts?

MikeHynes

True Classic
My racing seat belts/harnesses have aged out for next year and I would like to be able to save a few bucks by having them re-webbed rather than simply putting them in a (yet another) box and setting them on the shelf because I just can't bring myself to toss them.
Does anyone have experience with re-webbing racing belts, or know of anyone who can re-web them? (Impact, G-Force, Schroth, etc)

BTW - Anyone interested in aged out, but otherwise very good, belts?

My racing seat belts/harnesses have aged out for next year and I would like to be able to save a few bucks by having them re-webbed rather than simply putting them in a (yet another) box and setting them on the shelf because I just can't bring myself to toss them.
Does anyone have experience with re-webbing racing belts, or know of anyone who can re-web them? (Impact, G-Force, Schroth, etc)

BTW - Anyone interested in aged out, but otherwise very good, belts?
Mike: I had my Impact belts rewebbed by Impact Racing. I think other belt manufacturers will reweb their own belts. That was 10 years ago. Rewebbing 6 point Impact belts was $125.

Have a look at QSP belts, made in Holland. They are FIA approved, high quality and very inexpensive compared to Sparco and others.

Mike: I had my Impact belts rewebbed by Impact Racing. I think other belt manufacturers will reweb their own belts. That was 10 years ago. Rewebbing 6 point Impact belts was $125.
Thanks John,
It seems that a few manufacturers still re-web/certify their belts. Impact/MasterCraft Safety does so it looks like I'm in luck. :) They provided me a RGA and shipping address in Indy so I should be good to go. The pricing for re-web is $79.95 for latch and link and $109.95 for cam-lock, plus any additional options. A lot less than new.

Unfortunately Sparco and G-Force don't re-web or re-certify their belts. So now I have more belts that will take up shelf space. Seems like a waste. Another manufacturer (I don't recall who) will offer a $100 trade-in credit towards the purchase of a new set. I'll keep all this in mind the next time I have to buy a new set.

FYI - It seems as if Ultra-Sheild will re-web/certify their own belts. Safecraft Racing will also re-web/certify the belts that they manufacture too, including those that they manufacture for private label companies. But, the belts they manufacture for other companies must have the Safecraft label and serial number on them before they will re-web/certify them. No idea who those other companies are. Wonder how many belts are re-branded?
I couldn't find anyone who would re-web/certify belts manufactured by anyone else. But I did find some folks who will re-web regular car seat belts.

Update:
I just received my Impact belts back, Impact quoted me the following prices - re-web is $79.95 for latch and link and $109.95 for cam-lock, plus any additional options. I paid $172.90 which included $39.95 for the options, and $23 for return shipping. I did not expect what I got, although the price was reasonable, but that's not to say what I got wasn't good.
I sent them a 7 point cam lock set with 3" pull down belts and a sternum latch. I asked them for an option to change the 3" shoulder belts to 2" to accommodate a Hans device (pretty common these days). Otherwise I wanted a copy of what I sent them.
What I received back was new webbing, re-used hardware, but no sternum latch. I figure they couldn't do that with 2" belts, and I told them if it had to go, for whatever reason, than that was OK. They sent me back the sternum latch hardware. What I didn't expect was the new SFI labels they sewed onto the belts. Instead of a date of manufacture I got a valid until date. :confused: And the date is just over 2 years from now. o_O
20220209_124956.jpg
Obviously it's been 5 years since I have replaced these belts. Apparently things have changed.

I checked around with other safety harness manufactures and here's the response I received from my re-webbing question to Ultra Shield.

Mike,

You would ship your belts to me and I can sell you a set of mine, P/N HB22401H-6 (Pull Up Lap?) 6-Point Cam Lock, HANS Shoulders, Pull Up Lap – Black for $155.96, the belts normally retail for $194.95

They would be all brand new with the latest SFI tags. Once you have these, when they expire, you can send them back for Re-web at a lower price (IF you were re-webbing the Ultra Shield set above today it would be $93.56 for re-web)

Customer Service
Ultra Shield Race Products
19313 US Highway 69 S.
Flint, TX 75762
903-894-3550
info@ultrashieldrace.com

I called them and they too said that they would sew on an SFI tag - with valid until date on them - 2 years out. 🤣 I guess sanctioning bodies don't get to determine how long the belts should last anymore.

All the more reason to try to figure out how to - safely - save a couple of bucks on belts!

I think I'll send Ultra Shield on old set too and see what I get back.

Update:
I just got my new UltraShield belts (not re-webbed). I sent them an OLD, crappy set for a trade-in. UltraShield didn't care what they were, they gave me a $38.99 discount for them. (It cost me $15.71 to send them in on 11Feb22.)

These new belts were also labeled - valid until JUN 30 2024. Must be the industry standard now.:(

20220223_124407.jpg

Here's a copy of an UltraShield reply to my inquiry.

Mike,
You would ship your belts to me and I can sell you a set of mine, P/N HB22401H-6 (Pull Up Lap?) 6-Point Cam Lock, HANS Shoulders, Pull Up Lap – Black for $155.96, the belts normally retail for $194.95
They would be all brand new with the latest SFI tags. Once you have these, when they expire, you can send them back for Re-web at a lower price (IF you were re-webbing the Ultra Shield set above today it would be $93.56 for re-web)
Customer Service
Ultra Shield Race Products
19313 US Highway 69 S.
Flint, TX 75762
903-894-3550
info@ultrashieldrace.com

I also ordered 6 clip in ends (that would have been on the OLD belts that I would have been replacing). They were $3.95 ea. Shipping was $22.64.
Total for the new belts I ordered, with discount, shipping, and 6 clips: $202.30 Add in the cost for me to ship the old crappy belts to them and the total cost for the new belts was: $217.71.
Not cheap, but the way I see it is the real value is being able to get the UltraShield belts re-webbed for $93.56 (plus shipping). Impact wants $109.95 (plus shipping) to re-web their belts. Some other manufactures will re-web, but they require you to send them old belts that you bought from them. If I ever need more belts I'll double check if they offer re-web services before I buy.

So now Impact and UltraShield are on my list of belt suppliers, it looks like I'll be buying a couple of sets in a couple years. :mad:

Back