Recent 850 Video

jjay911

True Classic
Ok I took this video the other day before BofFrance. You can here me cussing up a storm as I am having a hard time finding 4th gear. I find it the first time then 5th but I havent found it since. Has anyone found my 4th gear??? Some day I tell you.. some day...I need a linkage expert eventually... Sorry Duane its the same ol same ol. I need someone to video tape me driving down the street so we can get a different view...:eyepop:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFZnuHnrCQc"]YouTube- M4H00205[/ame]

Who ever can help me fix my starter first gets to drive the car:whistle::nod:

Nice car, what kind of 850 Spider is that exactly, looks heavily modified.

One trick I always used when having trouble upshifting is to move into a different gate to help align the linkage. For example, try shifting into 5th gear briefly (without dropping the clutch) then back to 4th. I learned this on a few cars that didn't easily go into reverse or 1st from stopped, just hit another gate first.

I wish it were that simple. this car is complety custom with a rotary engine in the middle and a Porsche rear shifting 914 transmission. All of the linkage is pretty much custom made...As well as all of the electrical..

:):):)

914 transmission, wow, I thought that grind sounded familiar, I used to own one and it grinded a lot like that, lol. They say the 914 trans is the same as the one in the 911. Not sure if this makes any difference at all, but the later (mid 72 and on) 914's had much improved shift linkage.

Too bad the 914 is an air cooled car, that was the killer for me (got tired of smelling oil dripping and exhaust fumes from the heater). Water cooled is why I prefer Italian design (among other reasons).

Back