REFC Feb 23 in So-Cal

rturchan

Baja Bob
Rear Engine Fiat Club Feb 21 in So-Cal

Here in SoCal Merkel Weiss is the REFC/ rear engine Fiat Guru.
By the way Merkel has a Fiat run Feb 21 and it is sure to be fun if you can make it. Info is on the site.
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/rearenginefiat/
The site info is from 2005 but the 2010 canyon run is Feb 21!
Check the lower right side of the link. Info is in the monthly mailer Merkel sends out to us 850 owners but I suspect he is OK with all rear engine Fiat guys. His number is on the Hemmings site. There is also a monthly "car night" hosted throughout the area by car guys.
Merkel has owned Fiats since forever. He also taught at the prestigious Art Center College in Pasadena ( where literally every current auto designer has been educated) and continues to host Fiat club events at his house on a regular basis.
Bob. T.

Last edited:
Havent been to a merkel run in a while. Took my truck a few times because my spider was down at the time.
100_0654.jpg

It's open to all cars from the Fiat family, including the occasional British, German or Japanese make. He bought an X1/9 a few months back, but it still being painted.

Tomorrow is Fiat BBQ and drive

10:00 at Merkel's house . Meet, drive and return for a BBQ. Merkel is always a gracious host. See you there.
Bob T.
My car is ready:
IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

Bob T.

Hey Robert

Your car looks AWESOME!!!
Did you take care on all details.
Take all pictures as possible and post later, I wish to be there but I can't maybe next year.

Nice drive

I cut out early but had a great time on the Fiat drive. Four X19's attended. After thirty years of Fiat ownership Merkel finally bought an X. Loves the drive, says he does not fit. Bought it anyway. His is the black one. Caesar has the yellow one, George in the Martini racing livery.
IMG_1205.jpg

Georges X
IMG_1201.jpg

Bob T.

Wow, Merkel bought an X? I don't think Hell (MI) has frozen over but it may soon...

Looks like a great day, miss taking those drives since I left SoCal 17 years ago.

Good call Karl.

I brought my wife along, she was a real trooper and we had fun. Karen later pointed out that Merkel commented that the X19 is a "wedge of cheese" or a "door stop" in shape and really not attractive. He bought one despite the fact he does not fit, since it drives so well. I'll ignore the negative and focus on the positive, which is that the X19 really is fun to drive.
Bob T.

almost the original silver

The color is 2007 thru current BMW titansilver, code 354. So close to the original color of the car that I did not paint the windshield frame! I figured I would paint the frame when I replace the glass. Here are the color samples on the original Fiat hood. the one that is closest is the BMW color.
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?posts/20660/
Bob T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back