removing chrome on top of doors

Kevin Cozzo

True Classic
I did this 15 yrs ago, can't seem to remember how I did it before:mallet:- any clues, can't find it in a search, thanks, Kevin

The weather stripping underneath the crome is pinched onto the door seam. Just pull, but make sure you didn't run a small screw in there like my previous owner did:mad:

The small screw

is stock on many early models. Just work out the front of the weatherstrip and you'll be able to tell where the screw is by where the weatherstrip pivots. Move around some of the weatherstrip felt at that point, dig around with a small phillips, and you should be able to find and remove the screw. Good luck.

Dave

Weatherstrip on the outside just pulls off, get a flat-blade screwdriver
under it at the end carefully lift up, and work it off. It secures to the door skin using an integral black plastic inner strip. The weatherstrip on the inside has a tiny screw buried at the very end. Your window will
need to be down a bit in order to get to it. Once the screw is out, pull this piece off in an upward fashion as well, but it attaches with a series of metal clips so pay attention to them.

Installation will require window to be all the way down, and once fitted into place, will take light persuasion with a mallot to get them both seated correctly.

-M

Back