Ride height question 128 wagon

pdxgeo

True Classic
So I was thinking that smaller spacers/bolts on the brackets that "restrict" the springs would give me a higher ride height. Longer ones a lower height. This seems counterintuitive to me but its what I think is correct. Can anyone please confirm or deny? I replaced mine with shorter ones and at first it looked way higher in the rear than the front but after a drive the rear looks lower again. Maybe even lower than before which might answer my question...

wagon suspension

I have a early X rear suspension in front and 1 5/8" spacers in back, anything more and you will rub with 185-60-13 rubber with a load.
I think a Fiat part swap is using the coupe struts in the rear, they are shorter and won't bottom out like the factory shock with some weight in back. I am using a sedan front roll bar but still have a little too much push at the limit. I will try a rear bar next.

Chris
Oakland, Ca.

It bottoms out a bit when loaded but usually just on turns...I like the stance so i dont want to make any more alts...

we'll see.

I have a early X rear suspension in front and 1 5/8" spacers in back, anything more and you will rub with 185-60-13 rubber with a load.
I think a Fiat part swap is using the coupe struts in the rear, they are shorter and won't bottom out like the factory shock with some weight in back. I am using a sedan front roll bar but still have a little too much push at the limit. I will try a rear bar next.

Chris
Oakland, Ca.

Hi Chris, so how low do this 1-5/8" spacers takes the rear of your 128 down?.If I remember well its a 2dr sedan right?

It's a wagon
the rear meas. 21 1/4" from ground to top of wheel opening. It looks about right with the X front end. There is a small rake with back a little higher then the front and it will rub a little over big bump with a load. I'll shoot a photo and post later.

wagon stance

_IGP2801.JPG

Back