S2 cam tuning question

abec

Wil
I have an s2 cam waiting to go into the car, I want to know how much extra tuning will the cam need over the stock cam?

Can a stock ecu car run an s2 cam w/o issues? if so I might be able to drop it into my car and have it drivable without having my haltech ecu re-tuned.

Fuel injection.

I am not sure what valve timing an S2 provides but a 35-75 is about the max a stock ECU can handle. The biggest problem will be idle as the pulsation causes the ECU to compinsate for the change in Manifold Pressure. Also at higher speeds the ratio can be a bit lean. Some have installed variable fuel pressure regulators and increased fuel pressure to flow more fuel when the injector is open. Also I have heard that adjusting the Mass Air Flow meter can help as well.

Most think you just drop a cam into an engine and all will be fine. An engine is a package and changing one thing normally requires changing several components.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Well...

I have an aftermarket programmable ECU in the car right now, but it is tuned for the stock cam. I want to put the S2 cam in, but it will have to wait for tuning. So I just want to see if anyone has experience with an S2 w/ stock EFI, just so I know ill be safe to run the cam in the car for a few weeks before I can get it tuned properly.

It will run.

The question will be how well.

Surging and stalling will come to mind first. Bogging down and no power can also happen.

Don't expect it to be a daily driver.

TonyK.

Not sure if this is useful

I have an s2 cam waiting to go into the car, I want to know how much extra tuning will the cam need over the stock cam?

Can a stock ecu car run an s2 cam w/o issues? if so I might be able to drop it into my car and have it drivable without having my haltech ecu re-tuned.

but here is the PBS cam data page.
http://www.pbseng.com/Camdata.html

The PBS cam data web page is dead. Here is a jpg of the content:
cam_data.jpg

Back