Saratoga Top inventory

One real and one phony...

that I know of... and the phony one is awesome! I think Ricardo actually has two though...

We have one...a genuine Saratoga...

...that might be for sale (?) in pristine condition. There is another XWebber here in Columbus that has one. Jim Decker has one, as well.

bb4

I was wondering if you (or anyone else who has one) could take some detailed photo's of your original top, showing hardware mounting for both the front latches and the rear pegs. Plus show the front edge that meets the rubber seal and measure the thickness (curious to see if it is a routed edge). Show any noteworthy details regarding the top such as is the top the same thickness all the way from front to back...

Also, does any of the hardware, threaded bolts or screws go through the top?

I would guess around 20-25.

I know of 4 in the UK through eBay and probably has to be a solid 12-16 throughout the US.

Does anyone know how many are still out there?

Mine is wrapped up in a quilt but the latches and hooks are screwed into resin type blocks...the blocks are adhered (glued) to the fiberglass.

Mark in Syracuse said:
Also, does any of the hardware, threaded bolts or screws go through the top?

DSC00046-1.jpg

SARATOGA4-1.jpg

SARATOGATOTALEPICCOLO-1.jpg

I have one in good not great condition

The corner was broken in shipment, but I had it professionally repaired. Looks great from 3 feet. It also needed to be polished when I got it.

Does not fit quite right on an 87. The window seals leak.

actually I have 3!!

that I know of... and the phony one is awesome! I think Ricardo actually has two though...

Actually I have 3..... :wacko:

2 RB Saratoga G2

xweb-032.jpg

and one, the last RB Saratoga G3

img7990x.jpg

img8061sk.jpg

img8062.jpg

img8063s.jpg

img8066.jpg

img8067h.jpg

img8068h.jpg

I want to remove the roof from one G2 and convert to G3,

"just I need 60 minutes to do it!" HA!! (lol) :drink:

but nothings compare with originals, two years ago i made my bid for 1300 usd and somebody wons the auction for 1726 usd.

http://trazia.com/x19/saratoga-ebay.html

Last edited:
Actually, I am very interested in Ricardo's latest top, with the glued stand-offs for the hardware.

I would still like to see better photo's of the original perimeter seal, leading edge and latch. I am assuming that the latch is identical to the stock latch on the original top.

NO! Yours do indeed "compare" to the originals...

.... and frankly, IMHO... exceed their quality, fit, and original styling!

I'd take a Ricardo Top over a Saratoga Top any day!

Back