Scotland to tenerife in a 74 x 1/9 1300

Kirkers

Low Mileage
Hi

I have just done a wee road trip from Scotland to Tenerife..

My mate made this video....

Thought I would share it with you all...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMU1_Am2tmg"]YouTube- Project Carla (Fiat X1/9)[/ame]

Great Video!

Looks like you guys had a most excellent road trip. Beautiful scenery, great sound in the tunnels, wonderful looking X. Thanks for sharing!

Michael L.

Bravo!

Very well done....Emmy, Oscar and Grammy nods.

I really, really enjoyed it!

Well done!

Great editing too!

Don't you crazy Caledonians ever do short trips? My ex-X1/9 OCUK mukka, Ewan, regularly went down to the Silver Flag in Italy!

By the way - you didn't meet up with an old guy called Bob (by memory) who has the fastest X on the island? 287 bhp from an injected, intercooled Mirafiori turbo lump!
Clocked by the local fuzz at 137 mph!

Great editing too!

Don't you crazy Caledonians ever do short trips? My ex-X1/9 OCUK mukka, Ewan, regularly went down to the Silver Flag in Italy!

By the way - you didn't meet up with an old guy called Bob (by memory) who has the fastest X on the island? 287 bhp from an injected, intercooled Mirafiori turbo lump!
Clocked by the local fuzz at 137 mph!

I think it's Bob Spencer...

Would like to look him up.. anyone got any contact details??

These are made in England not momos but Im not sure who makes them. They are close. You be the judge.... Here they are on the Fiat Boat I recently sold. The new owner did not want them...

DSC09920-1.jpg

DSC09921-1.jpg

Fun to watch, must have been a great trip.
How much time did you spend under the X? :wink2:

Fun to watch, must have been a great trip.
How much time did you spend under the X? :wink2:

Sometimes I wonder if this is a real X 1/9... I don't seem to have problems with her...

Only issue was the loss of one of the MOMO hub caps..... :)

Outstanding...

Picture quality, editing, sound (especially the 3rd gear romps through the tunnels) music, and content!

Oscar potential!

HA!

Hey... is it any wonder why I run without WINSHIELD WIPERS living here in Sunny SoCal? You might wanna consider that in your next film if you think its worthwhile.

Not that surprising, really

> How much time did you spend under the X?
Sometimes I wonder if this is a real X 1/9... I don't seem to have problems with her...

These cars are pretty tough, and if they're properly cared for and maintained are as reliable as anything else of the era. Most of the time I spend under an X1/9 is doing penance for the sins of a previous owner.

Back