Scottish Italian Car and bike day 15th August 2010 Official Video

paullido

Daily Driver
Hi

At long last the official video is now up and live on youtube. For those who don't know me I am the person in the High Visibility Shirt!

Only one X'y visible which is my Lido, but lots of other nice Gandini cars. I put a group of them in the front of the house although someone parked a Gallrado there as well!!

Hope some of you guys can come to the event next year?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC_K5BhzozY"]YouTube- Scottish Italian car and bike day 15th August 2010 Hopetoun House[/ame]

Paul & the team
xx

awesome!

Thanks for sharing the vid! Alas it will be some time before I can afford another trip across the pond, so for now, living vicariously through youtube is my ticket to the fun....!:italia:

So Paul, you had the multi-colored shirt with...

... no hai... ah, no hat, right?

(HAHAHA)

Great show... coulda used some GREAT food it looks like!

But what a nice eclectic mix of cars and bikes... I especially loved the AiItalia-sponsored Lancia Stratos!

As for attending... we could always take up a collection and send Pottsy from GB... but if we do, we may be all black-balled from the event forever!

... no hai... ah, no hat, right?

(HAHAHA)

Great show... coulda used some GREAT food it looks like!

But what a nice eclectic mix of cars and bikes... I especially loved the AiItalia-sponsored Lancia Stratos!

As for attending... we could always take up a collection and send Pottsy from GB... but if we do, we may be all black-balled from the event forever!

Trust me, I am Italian in origin, there was FOOD there! lol We had a wood burning pizza van and the House put on Italian themed food in the cafe.

Would be wonderful to have some guys form over the pond there! If you come next year let me know so we can make a fuss over you!

No one has mentioned the wee x'y yet! We had about 6 including another two 1300's

Paul

Somebody taking my name in vain?

Hi Paul,
Once I'm back on my financial feet again I'll travel up to meet you guys. With Bristol in April, Tatton Park in June and the SICB in August that'll be a great year.
Can I ask if you accept modded cars as my own have always been modded?:innocent:

Hi Dave
yes there is no problem with modified cars as long as it was Italian to begin with! Not sure we would allow a MR2 dressed up as a 355!
Would be great to get more x'ys there!
My first x'y was my second 'classic' car after my fulvia. Was heavily involved in the X1/9 club in UK for a while and went to many events. Also compiled the tech compendium which I think is still on sale with the UK club?
Paul

OK Paul... WOW... a LIDO!

There... I mentioned your car!

Sorry I forgot that earlier...

I must admit though, I've never seen one LIVE but I've never really liked the ones I've seen in photos either. I can and do appreciate their rarity though... and if I ever came across one... would be in a personal turmoil to pass it up, but not really want it.

That's probably 'cause of my hot rodding heritage and not being able to leave anything alone! HA! A Lido MUST be left completely as it came from the factory or else ya RUIN it! Kinda like ALL Ferraris!~

Welp... it looks like yur in for it now as Old Pottsy is planning to come see ya next time... I guess he can represent US here on the board... but his sense of humor is entirely BRITISH!

All my best...

thanks for sharing
question was there 2 Stratos's? 1 street and 1 racing?

I think we had 3 that day but as far as I know they were all replicas. there are only about 4 real ones in the UK and very rare to see them now. I think they are selling for over £100,000 nowadays!

My Lido is't as it left the factory. It has 1500 door mirrors and leather as opposed to alcantara trim. Engine wise it has electronic ignition and a few other minor changes. The car was totally restored by the last owner who spent a vast fortune on the car but wanted to move onto a new project hence selling it to me.

We had a couple of rare cars there apart form the two other 1300 x'ys. A series 1 maserati quattroporte RHD; Indy; the only 4 countachs and only two Espadas and Khamsins including mine which formed the part of the gandini display ( white red and bronze )
Up here the weather is not kind to old cars which tend to rust hence why some of these cars are quite rare
Paul

Hi
After some complaints about the 'shortened video' we got the aspect ratio corrected and here is the amended link. Apparently there are codecs or something in the software we used to encode that youtube didnt like!

Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbnTbNNyhM"]YouTube- Scottish Italian Car and Bike Day 15th August 2010 - Widescreen Format[/ame]

Paul & the team
xxx

I didn't know you were accepting COMPLAINTS!!!

I want it LONGER!

HAHAHA...

Great stuff Paul... thanks again for posting!

Back