Should be a fun day!

RMarine

Bad Magic
Here in half an hour, I'm taking off with my 78 X and heading over to Ray's (www.performanceapex.com) and putting in the new ignition system, having the head ported and polished, taking a link out of the front coils and having the carb tuned. I'm pretty excited about all this, besides a few small things I've been doing, this will be the first major mechanical work I've had done to the X.

Wish me luck!

Rick

Sounds Great!

Let us know how the car feels after the work.

Ray does fantastic work, and is a really great guy!

Eric

As requested, RMarine

I wish you luck.
I am not hap about most of the performance thingies but it sounds fun and exciting.
Anyhow, pretty pics are always welcome.​

All I can say is, WOW! Ray did a phenominal job on the car. We didn't get to the suspension work due to having to spend more time on the engine than planned, but, that can come in a later time.

Ray rebuilt, rejeted and bored the carb, readjusted the valves, retorqued the cam tower (since it needed it) installed the electronic ignition system and fixed a few wiring problems. Apparently, my car has had a wire fire with the previous ignition system and the previous owners just did a bad wiring quick fix. thanks to Ray, That's all taken care of.

it's like a whole new car! she's running super fast, super clean, and smooth as a silk sheet. not much to see at the moment since there wasn't any visible workings going on really, but I'll try and get some pics up after it stops raining here. I can't thank Ray and Lorrie from performanceapex.com enough. the work is awesome and they are some of the friendliest and helpful people I have ever met.

I also picked up a set of rims. they need a little TLC, but I've already started working on them. here's a before shot of one of them. I'll get photos of during and after when I'm done.

IMG_0322.jpg

just a shot of a before during and after of my rims. got a couple cleaned and done, working on the rest now.

sanded down
IMG_0323.jpg

Primed
IMG_0324.jpg

painted
IMG_0325.jpg

and side by side with an unfinished one.
IMG_0326.jpg

Very nice job...

...I have to admit I had my doubts when you first posted the pic. Looked like that rim was submerged in salt water for a good long time!

...I have to admit I had my doubts when you first posted the pic. Looked like that rim was submerged in salt water for a good long time!

thank you! it's definetly taking some elbow grease to clean them up, but nothing like a few good cleaners and some sandpaper to get all of the oxidation off. I've got one painted and another primed, but now that it's dark and raining, I've had to put on hold any more paint work.

Hopefully, I'll have them finished up by the end of the weekend, then time to figure out what tire size I want to go with!

I have always been fond of...

...the 185/60 13s. Gives the car a nice balanced look. It's really difficult to find ANYTHING in a 13 inch tire right now. Tire Rack is a current source for that size. Can go wider in the rears, but unless you do bit of fender work up front, or go to expensive coilovers, the 185'60s are about as aggressive as you can go in front.

185/60's? that sou nds pretty good. will those still work on a an X that is lowered an inch in the front?

Back