small flycut pistons 86.4 with rods and new rings

martijn

X addicted
I'm dismanteling my old engine, which has small fly cut pistons in it (euro strada) and 1500 conrods. I also have a set of brand new boxed mahle piston rings with it. I have to remove the pistons from the engine but i would like to sell these (if the are good after removal) to fund the rebuildcosts of my new engine. I was thinking about 130 euro + shipping (app 40 euro). I will post pictures later

not high, they're standard pistons, but due to the small flycuts the compression will be higher. Steve c has a large post about it here on xweb.

That surprises me..

I haven't read the post yet but I would have thought that a flycut piston would increase the compressed volume and hence reduced compression ratio.

Interference engine?

Will these pistons in a standard 1500 block mean that the valves can hit the pistons if the engine is turned over without the timing belt?

That's a question, not a complaint - we 1300 people take valve-piston interference for granted.

I think it will, but this was a stock strada 1500 cc underblock. i ran them in my modified x1/9 for 5 years. I'm rebuilding asecond engine, because the engine where the pistons are from has a crack in the block which leaks coolant. I needed to overbore my spare engine so i couldn't use the pistons.

Here are some pictures.
dsc06385yc.jpg

dsc06384n.jpg

dsc06386s.jpg

They appear to be in good shape, but need some cleaning. There are some scrathes on the side but i don't think this is a problem but i'm no expert

Last edited:
Back