Smogless??? and Dizzy setup.

wrxdrew

1300cc's of Angry Bees
Anybody go smogless and have any refference images or words of advice on what to plug, cap, cut, and tuck away? Words of wisedom or know trouble makers?

I'd love to see photos of solutions If you have them.

Additionally anybody know 1 through 4 on the fingers of the hand on the distributor. (it looks like a hand with its 5 fingers)

Lets say the distributor is right handed and the left most plug is the thumb and the right is the pinky; 1 2 3 4 Coil. what goes where?

Yeah... I have ALL the answers...

But I ain't gonna type them all out!

Give me a call... manana from noon on...

Tony saves the day again. If I can break away from work (super-dooper slammed this week)

Got the tensioner bearing on no problem as well as the replacement spring.

You're also going to have to talk me through getting the cam belt on and the cam and crank in sync at the same time.

Desmog and dizzy

Anybody go smogless and have any reference images or words of advice on what to plug, cap, cut, and tuck away? Words of wisdom or know trouble makers?
What year, and are you carbed or FI? Cat or no cat? The answers changes a bit according to these details.

Lets say the distributor is right handed and the left most plug is the thumb and the right is the pinky; 1 2 3 4 Coil. what goes where?
It sounds as if you are describing the 1300 Ducellier cap, the one that has five fingers all in a row sticking out to the side. If so, the center (FU) finger is the coil wire and the thumb is #1. To place the others (this procedure works with all distributor caps):

Turn the cap over so that you're looking at the inside. Now you can see which contact each finger/thumb connects to. Pick out which contact is #1 (connected to the thumb). Then starting from that contact and going around the inside counter-clockwise (for a block-mounted dizzy; go clockwise if you have a cam-mounted dizzy) the other three terminals are in order 3, 4, and 2. Trace them back out to their fingers and then label them.

Yes, I really do mean counter-clockwise above. The distributor turns clockwise as viewed from above, but we're looking at the underside of the cap, from the other side... It's as if you were standing behind the face of a clock and looking out past the hands.

Back