So-Cal Nov 1st Best of france and Italy

rturchan

Baja Bob
The french and Italian Car show and swap is coming up again this November 1st at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. Bring your car or drop in to see what is on display. As usual there will be fun awards by the Italian guys. ( not a judged event) I can't remember when Jay Leno did not show up. Chris Obert is always there with some goodies, I will either have my X19 or 850 sedan . ( depends if I can get the X together by then). Reply to this thread if you are going!
Bob

Online registration and prior year photos
http://www.franceanditaly.com/

scan0007.jpg

I will be there. I will drive down in an X with Fiat America on a 4 day tour.
Rob will drive the Fiat truck down on Saturday, and get a start back on Sunday after the show.
My application has already been mailed.

We are working on reserving a block of rooms for Saturday night for Fiat America at the Best Western Carrige House in Van Nyes. Anyone interested?

Last edited:
I'll be there only if...

... you bring the Saugage and Bell Peppers, Bar-B-Q and drinks...

We usually meet at the south end under the tree and table... (Merkel sends all the riff-raff out back...) My wife and I fed about 20 folks 3 years ago and Rudy fed us all for the last 2 years.

Looking forward to seein' you all...

Thanks for the many pics, Ricardo

Enjoy the meet everybody and raise a glass for me too.

That Karate race car...

...is in Matts shop. Showed up on a trailer last Monday. Let's just say it will be A LOT faster soon.

I'll be there

I’ll be at the show with my silver/charcoal 84 X again this year. Driving down from the San Francisco Bay Area with Chris Obert and about 20 others from the Fiat America club. We’ll be leaving on Friday Oct 30th, stopping for the night near Kernville to meet Alvon Elrod and others from LA area. Saturday we’ll stop for lunch at the Mojave Airport and end up at the Radisson Hotel in Chatsworth. I hope to meet Tony and others from Xweb again on Sunday. After the show, we plan to drive part of Mulholland Drive. If anyone would like to meet us along the route or go for a drive after the show, that’ll be nice.
Dan Yee

Aircraft cable electric window cable

I took off work today to try to get the X ready for the Park. The window regulators were acting up. Right side motor is dead, left cable is broke. I found new electric cable style units from Herzel. Had one of my techs install them but he fried the left cable with a 12V jumper battery. Frayed the cable. I pulled it apart today and installed an aricraft cable. Worked nice and the cable is better quality. The trick is keeping tension on the cable otherwise it will loosen and the cables will cross on the spool. The cable is 134 and 3/4 inch from inside the end crimp to inside end crimp.
windowregIMG_0269.jpg

Nice Cable
wirespoolIMG_0265.jpg

Crimped end
crimpendIMG_0259.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Back