So I was watching Top Gear

al_ngl

Resident Boilermaker
I was watching Top Gear reruns on my computer as I often do, and came across an X1/9 cameo for about 1 second in season 13 episode 6, the one where they buy classic cars for a rally. Looks too new for their 1982 or older rule by the producers, so they couldn't have bought it anyway (and I know Clarkson doesn't care for the X1/9). It was only on screen as they did a pan shot of the showroom so it barely caught my eye. Took a screen shot w/ vlc, messed with the TVR's colors but you can still see the X.

vlcsnap-2011-02-24-22h19m38s233.png

I only know because I read his book Clarkson on Cars. He wasn't specific, all he said was "Well, at 6 ft 5 in, I’m just about at the very edge of reasonableness and yet the only car I absolutely cannot drive is a Fiat X1/9. Again, no bad thing." I don't know what besides space he didn't like, but he's insulted every car I've ever owned and I still consider him a good journalist.

Clarkson

Take everything he says with a handfull of salt. I have 5 of his books and he regularly contradicts himself.
He has been known to say that the only car he can't fit into is his favourite, the Ford GT40. So he buys the recent GT and finds the doors are so long he can't get out if he parks in a standard British parking space!

He's a complete buffoon, but a loveable one.

Back