SO... What Happened?

Was it??

I don't think I've missed a day in quite a while, didn't notice it was off the air.

Obi Wan Natoli has "felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out, then were suddenly silenced."

Out from Sun sometime to Mon afternoon AFAIK...

But back up now... Server Issue?

Perhaps Mark will answer our Q's... :confused:

Was I the only one that went back to Xweb 1.0

hoping to see a post on this Xweb 2.0 outage??

Seems like a logical place to toss up a short post that would at least shed some light on th issue for those of us in the dark.

Maybe next time?? Please!! :)

Hahaha we are all very sick!!!

Gave me a chance to go over the Best of posts again from N54...
I betcha Thomas was going through the biggest withdrawal though ... :nana::mallet:

Facebook?

For shame Gregory! tsk tsk! :D ;) j/k

I got several fyi/q emails but didn't know til I logged in to email earlier today (oops)

It looks like it was most likely a domain server outage with our "Son Of" server host (this is my guess, anyway) and -pat yourselves on the back- I hear rumor some homeless Xheads not only got hold of "the guys" but even contacted the host(!) directly to ask what was up! (dang you guys, it truly is an addiction isnt it! ;))

SO anyway its all sorted now (apparently) and life is good once more... as a side note, I like Tony's idea, outage info posted to N54 Xweb sounds like a natural place people might look... trouble is by the time enough folks realized the site was down it was back...

Just long enough to make sure you're all still paying attention, I guess! But Son of Xweb is still here so all's well that ends well :clap: :cool:

Phew, Mac, that's a relief!!

I was thinking to myself "Oh no, don't tell me that my computer has thrown in the towel again!!"
Good to see that I'm not the only one that couldn't get an X-fix yesterday!:thumbsup:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Tony's idea!?!?!

Next you will be crediting him with my ideas for the "Fur Sink" and "Electric Dog Polisher".

mea culpa

"Dammit Jim" - forgive me - I got my black X1/9 avatars confused (or a case of scrolling too fast? lol)

You both have good ideas - and I'd like to know more about that fur sink - I think I have one in the new mancave :hmm: not sure how to care for it :laugh:

SO... No one REALLY KNOWS!!!

I tried to access the site late Saturday nite, around 10 or 11 pm PST.

Down all day Sunday into the nite also. Herzel said he could access it from ISRAEL late Sunday, but I couldn't until Monday AM.

I was gonna try calling Mac or Greg if I couldn't log on on Monday... but did try to e-mail them, but got no replies.

My brother, living in McKenzie Bridge, OR, said they had lots of lightning strikes over the weekend blowing out lots of different things. One even hit a fauscet on his house and ended up taking his router, DISH TV, and several surge protectors.

Could have been weather/power related...

Anyway... I didn't know how much I NEEDED this site... WOW!

Back