SoCal Groupe Drive 9/25/2011

mbusman

Big Bird
I'm reposting this as a new thread.
Despite the grey sky yesterday, we had a great time together. Must have been a good 15-17 folks who showed up for the ride up the Pacific Coast Highway, "private" docent led tour of the Murphy Classic and Antique Car Museum, and BBQ at College Park. It's always nice to see old friends and meet a few new ones. Although Kelly had Navy duty, he was able to join us for part of the Pac Coast Hwy. drive on his motorcycle. Next time, he'll have his X ready. Papa Tony was there so we could all bask in his countenance. The museum had early Fords, a 2008 Shelby, old and newer Corvettes, some gorgeous old Packards, a Bugatti, and other beauties, in addition to the most killer HO train exhibit I've ever seen.

George was there, along with Merkel, Alvon & Maureen, Ron & Chrissie, Tommy & Nancy, Gary, Angelo, Baja Bob Turchan Jr. & Senior, Vince, and I apologize for anyone I've forgotten.

Special thanks to Papa Tony for his usual tongue-in-cheek awards. I think everyone received an award......even if they didn't deserve one. Also special thanks to Tommy Mastracchio (winner of the coveted special grill culinary skill - Oscar Meyer division) award and Ron Luxmore for working the grills.

I'll try to post pix below and hope that the pix show and not just the links. Unfortunately, Photobucket has the pix out of sequence, even though youd think they'd go by picture file number.
Mike

Thanks Mike!

We had a great time even though we missed the BBQ. Merkel and I took the scenic route through some of California's most storied back roads. These are favorite roads for the street bike racers. We were photographed by two separate groups of photographers and passed more than a few CHP officers. I brought my dad and the day was getting long for him so we left a little early. You can order pictures here..
6187156307_efe63d0d80_z.jpg

or here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/victoryjon/6187156307/in/set-72157627761956186/

Bob

I'll try to upload the few pictures I got of the group on pch. Who was that crazy kid on the motorcycle taking pictures!? :laugh:

KFD

George, further thanks.

Also glad to see that you or Angelo got some shots of the 3 Stooges Racing Team Tee shirt while I was slicing limes and mixing caipirinhas. I had to search high and low to find an auto related tee shirt worthy of Moe, Larry, and Curly. Those guys were the greatest and I really value when you see one of their old movies playing on TV........i.e. "Disorder in the Court".

Mike

Some of my pix!

Who was that damn kid on the motorcycle!?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I will post some more tomorrow!

KFD

Last edited:
Good thing you've got a helmet camera.

That way you could drive safely with both hands on the handle bars:mallet:

Mike

Welly, welly, welly

Damm, That looks like a great event I missed; boooohoo!
well, no more chinese food for me, that's for sure.
Thanks for the video and the pix, Love it; I missed you guys.
You mean to tell me I missed the caipirihnas.

Julio,

As my kids would say when I look for left over pizza for breakfast, "you snooze, you lose". You can ask George, or Tommy, or Tony, or Alvon, or Merkel if the caipirinhas were up to standard or not. I think they'll tell you they passed inspection.

Mike

Back