SOLD - 1974 Fiat 128 Wagon Project/Parts-Car

Jeff Stich

True Classic
This car is now SOLD, thanks.

FOR SALE: 1974 Fiat 128 Wagon project/parts car. I picked this car up a short while ago with the main intent of saving it from being towed by the City it was in (& eventually crushed), thinking I'd eventually get it running for use as a "backup car" or, at the very least, it would be a good parts car for my other 128 Wagon. Plans have changed...

The car is complete minus the exhaust system (I will be removing this for my other 128), has a "rebuilt" 1300 engine (there are receipts from a previous owner) & trans installed, but the car is not currently in running/driving condition. All glass is intact, front seats are torn, dash is cracked. Driver-side front fender has damage (should be replaced), some rust bubbles around windshield, yellow paint is faded & in very poor condition, mismatched steel wheels with tires that (at least) hold air.

I am planning on consolidating my storage facilities & will be bringing in 2 more Fiat 850's & a bunch of parts next week. The remaining parking spot I have open is only wide enough for either one 128 or two 850's. The 850's are more important to me, & I have nowhere else to keep this 128 Wagon, so the 128 has to go.

I have the original CA title (pink slip) in the original owner's name. Since I only recently got the non-running car & hadn't decided what to do with it, I have not titled the car in my name. It will be sold with a Bill of Sale only (original pink slip will be included).

Price = $150 . I'm very motivated to get this car gone BEFORE I bring the 850's home. I may even be able to deliver the car if you're somewhat local here in So. Cal. (you chip in for gas) if Tuesday 12/13 is good for you, as that's when I'll have a truck & trailer available to me.
wink.gif

74wagon02.jpg

**More photos of the car can be viewed at:

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/viotti600/1974fiat128wagon/?albumview=slideshow

THIS CAR HAS TO GO!!! :excited:

Last edited:
Awww...

:eek: Wish I could have snagged this. Just noticed it. Hope it went to a good home!

EDIT:.....is it on EBay now?

Last edited:
:eek: Wish I could have snagged this. Just noticed it. Hope it went to a good home!

I'm pretty sure the guy who bought it from me just wanted it to "flip" it (re-sell it). He didn't seem to know Fiats at all & kept asking about things that were already clearly stated in my Craigslist ad (a verbatim copy of the ad posted above). He showed up on time & paid my asking price, which is pretty good for a CL ad responder. Fine by me, I just needed the car gone ASAP.

I noticed yesterday that someone is offering a "Fiat car" (no model listed) on the Inland Empire CL with a similar description of this cars' overall condition (but no photos). Offered at $400, from the same area the buyer said he was from (Lake Elsinore).

EDIT:.....is it on EBay now?

Hmmm...just checked eBay & yes, that's the very same car & same location (Lake Elsinore).

http://search.ebay.com/200688067932

Only $300? With eBay fees added, he's not making much off of it. Guess he's hoping for a bidding war? :confuse2:

Seller states: "was told it rns bt i have not tried it. it has 2000 tags sand it is non opt".

NOT TRUE. I never told him the car runs (my ad even clearly said "the car is not currently in running/driving condition"). I never tried to start the car myself because there was no battery in it when I got it - and I told him that. The car has a year-2000 sticker on the rear plate, but I have no idea if the car was legitimately put on a "Non-Op" status by the previous owner(s), nor did I ever tell him that it had been.

The car is missing the exhaust system (which I took for my other 128 Wagon), but is otherwise complete. Hopefully an actual "Fiat person" will end up with the car & do something good with it. I just didn't have the luxury of time or space needed to wait around for them to show up for it. :hrmph:

depressing

This is sad. I've been looking for a fiat wagon fora while. To see someone simply buy one to flip it, along with lying to people, is a shame. I hope to be blessed with an opportunity like this sometime.

This is sad. I've been looking for a fiat wagon fora while. To see someone simply buy one to flip it, along with lying to people, is a shame. I hope to be blessed with an opportunity like this sometime.

Nothing sad about it (except the lying part). I needed the car gone asap, someone came & paid me my asking price (which was intentionally set low to get the car gone asap) & took the car away, done deal. The buyer flipped it on eBay making a rather small profit (if any, considering his time & gas money to/from my place + eBay fees), & the car went to a happy buyer. All in all, the car was saved from going to the crusher, which was my intention when I bought it in the first place.

If you've been looking for a Fiat (Wagon) for a while, you haven't been looking hard enough. In the time since I sold the 128 Wagon noted above, there have been another 3-5 of them that have come through the pipeline in various conditions (here, CL, eBay or Mira). A few Fiat 124 Wagons (similar to a Lada), too.

I do keep a look out. I tend to use autotempest to search through Craig's list ads, also look through eBay. What is mira?
Thanks for the help.

Mirafiori.com

Mirafiori is the "other" Fiat forum. ;)

Xweb used to be 97.635% X1/9 content, but has branched out over that last few years. Mira has posts going back to 1998 and Xweb 1.0 has posts back to 1999. So I guess Mira is the older sibling.

You will find them here: http://forum.mirafiori.com/mirafiorum/

mirafiori

Ohhhh, ok. I had tried navigating that page and was getting some weird views on my phone. Seems a bit antiquated. I'll make sure to check there as well. Thanks for the advice!

Just like our "antique" fiats, Mira is an antique of the web, the system it is based on is quite old in terms of the internet, but it has some great features, I love the fact that once I read a thread it disappears until some responds to it...

Sadly it does not work well with modern browsers, it does work as designed under IE (in compatibility mode).

Visitors should also visit www.mirafiori.com, If you jump directly to the forum (with the link above) you will miss a large amount of the content on the site.

Also for anyone interested Mirafiori members congregate each summer at a beautiful lake in Southern Oregon. Typically we have 75 or so folks get together for a weekend of Fiats, food, fellowship and Fun. We have a slight change of venue for next year, instead of the public campground we been using for 15 years we will move to another location on the lake and have a facility all to ourselves.

Hopefully we can bring our Fiat Track day back to, the last two events have not had a track day for a number of reasons... time to revive that tradition!

Back