Some More Progress Pix

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Another "beauty shot" of the alternator and the best fitting of three belts (Gates).
IMG_1432.jpg

Dynamatted the spare tire compartment.
IMG_1436.jpg

Replaced the fiberglass insulation on the exhaust/trunk heat shielding with new insulation in the form of fiberglass ceiling tiles. Cut to fit the aluminum pieces and secured in place with 600-degree silicone sealant. First pic is shows concrete paver used as weights while sealant cures overnight.
IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Painted master cyls and pedal box being assembled (was powdercoated). Anti-seize applied sparingly to brake line nuts.
IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

Figured out how to use my floor jack to stretch the clutch pedal spring in order to slip washers between the coils to gain the spring length needed to install the spring on the pivot points.
IMG_1445.jpg

Installed spring.
IMG_1446.jpg

Nice work!

I like the technique for return spring install, looks like it's a bear to work with.

That insulation will hold up OK to water soaking? Very clean installation!

Nice detail!

Nice and clean installations and restoring.

I have done the same with the spare tire compartment and inside of the doors. It has mad a remarkable difference as as far as outside noise is concerned.

Nice job!

Great pix Dan, keep them coming. Love the way you're approaching the "small" project....following the same philosophy I do do it once - do it right
Great job, Lappy:clap:

Back