Split Pea as business vehicle

pdxgeo

True Classic
finally finished the install of the vinyl decals for my woodworking business. Decided to go small and simple with the logo and let the color of the car be the draw. Also did the vintage tape measure "rally" stripe. its been a fun little project designing the overall look.

10046722696_a650fd076a_c.jpg

10046696085_416b8042aa_o.jpg

Also swapped out the grill for the honeycomb version, thanks Jeff Stitch!

George

Sweet

That is a nice ride. Tastefully done. I had for 15 years a Volvo 122 wagon painted yellow with a large eagle on the hood with it's wings wrapped around over the fenders onto the doors. Had a nice logo on the hood and my lettering within the wings. It actually was pretty cool. "Fly the Bike Path". Was a bicycle and skate business.

10046722696_a650fd076a_c.jpg

Also swapped out the grill for the honeycomb version, thanks Jeff Stich!

Looking good! It's funny how a simple thing like the honeycomb grille can really transform the look of the 128 Sedan/Wagon. :)

For some reason I thought you were going to paint the honeycomb part black, & leave the stainless/alloy perimeter & headlight trim shiny silver (along with your center emblem)? Might be a nice contrast, yet still fit within your black/silver trim theme. :hmm:

(Or consider painting the radiator support/body panel black behind the grille, to give it some visual depth. Before painting, try some black construction paper taped into place behind the grille first, to see if the black look is acceptable to you behind the silver grille)

believe me Im tempted Jeff. your price is right and they are period correct! Im actually swapping the bumpers for Euro spec (I think as theres no provision for turn signal lights) chrome bumpers. just received the front brackets (thanks Chris) and will POR-15 them today for installation this weekend. I am going to try to make the running lights into turn signals so i can eliminate the low hanging ones. This will really clean up the front and while Ive been planning to use fog lights now im having second thoughts.

Back