spoiler color poll-your opinion please

Jim McKenzie

1972 850 Spider
since I had great responses that made me think on my center caps, I thought I'd go to the well again, so to speak, and ask for your opinions once more.

Thanks to Greg in Connecticut I located a fiberglass repro Gran Finale spoiler from Mark (Cascu) in Great Britain...although I think he just moved his operations to France. The repro is white and of course has the advantage of being one piece...so no wings falling off issue.

I am trying to decide to follow the modern trend of painting the spoiler the same as the body color, or going with a gloss black like my engine cover, to highlight the Yellow/Black thing I have going. My car is here:

4549448322_a5fe51c218_b.jpg

Would you...

1) Paint it body color?
or
2) Paint it gloss black ?

thanks guys for any feedback....it goes in to the body shop tomorrow :)

well personally I don't think you need

a spoiler on the back end. I really like the clean look it has and personally never cared for the puny Bertone spoiler...just my opinion however...that being said I'd go with body color if I were to put one on.

Spoilers are the "fins" of the early 21st Century

I like the car without the distraction. It looks wonderful as it is.

My Lord... not another one...

C'mon Jim... no matter what color ya paint it SOMEONE is gonna like some other color...

Geez... this is an epidemic!

Choose what YOU like and just do it... you can always repaint it if ya get voted off the planet!

A spoiler is not needed. It will make the car less stock, it will not improve the looks, and it will probably decrease the performance.
The car looks great as is.
But that's just what I think. It's your car, so do what's right for you.:)

Spoiler

Hi,

I'm not a fan of spoilers either. But it's all a matter of taste. Yellow, like the car seems a good choice. If you consider black, I would say to paint the decklid at the same time. Maybe even the front one (like our France friend). It is "trendy"...

Daniel Forest
using a black trunklid with my white Bertone... since the original one was drilled for a missing spoiler. The matching engine cover and top make it look like it could be original.
Montreal
1987 white Bertone X1/9
1980 black Fiat X1/9

EITHER LOOKS GOOD

But yellow will make it look more like it's part of the car, and less of an add-on.

The old Mustang Mach 1 spoilers were black, but modern ones are body color. There's no right or wrong, but I lean towards body color. If you're gonna drill holes in that deck lid, you should make a commitment with body color paint.

C'mon Jim... no matter what color ya paint it SOMEONE is gonna like some other color...

Geez... this is an epidemic!

Choose what YOU like and just do it... you can always repaint it if ya get voted off the planet!

Wow we can do that!
Tony which planet?

Erk

Well Erk... I was sayin'...

... If we all took a vote and voted him off THIS planet... so he'd haveta go to another.

Maybe if we collectively feel we all DON'T LIKE the color he chooses, we can do that. BUT... he'll have to go to some other planet besides Jupiter... 'cause I have been saving that one for myself!

Since Jupiter is mostly gas.........................Uh wouldn't there be a weight limit there Papa Tony:grin::grin::D:D:bla::bla:

I dunno... but with as much GAS and...

... hot air being thrown around on this site as of late, I'm probably already acclimated enough to live there without the need for oxygen!

HA!

.:fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart::fart:

Back