Steering wheel sizes

1.8TS Sports

Daily Driver
The cheapest and easiest solution...
Is to get a smaller steering wheel. The 13" original wheel is too big, get an 11" and you'll notice a nice improvement. My 9" wheel makes the steering VERY tight.

I dug out my spare steering wheels from my garage today the originals I have on my 79 1500 and from an 85 Bertone measure 14.5" I have a Mountney wheel which is 13", but other sizes are suggested, what is the best size to fit for road and occasional track day?

OR is it better to swap steering wheel sizes depending on occasion?

I use a 13" wheel

Acutally it is a D-shaped wheel that is 13" from the top to the bottom, but like 13.5 wide. I am looking for a sale or a decent used Sparco 13" wheel because I needed it with my aftermarket seats so I can squeeze my thighs under the wheel without interfering while driving.

I run a 13inch wheel too

Stops my legs from hitting the wheel while driving. I little harder to turn when parallel parking. Autocross it is great.

Here is another mod to try for steering wheel clearance Carl

Acutally it is a D-shaped wheel that is 13" from the top to the bottom, but like 13.5 wide. I am looking for a sale or a decent used Sparco 13" wheel because I needed it with my aftermarket seats so I can squeeze my thighs under the wheel without interfering while driving.

http://www.thighmaster.net/

:devil:

hahaha....

funnnnn-eeeeeeeee-y.

No, for decades of playing hoops, I have large quads and calf muscles....with the stock wheel and stock seats, it was tight. Added the small steering wheel to start with, then added the aftermarket seats, then raised the rack a little for a bit more clearance.

I ran a deep dish steering wheel on mine and along with the boss kit it pulls it towards you away from ya legs, works really well and was the only way my brother and dad could drive my car. I think the wheel was about 12.5" from memory.
It also put the steering wheel in more of a race car position giving you more leverage on the wheel :)

13" Steering Wheel

I have one it drives me crazy, it covers half the Instrument Panel including the turning indicator. Which I can never hear when the radio is on and doesn't automatically turn off after the turn.

Back