Stereo install questions..

Fromtheshadow

Daily Driver
'79 X 1/9. There are some wiring harnesses in the dash (two big), with bunches of wires, but Im not sure why, the car only has two speakers. There is a yellow wire with a black stripe, and a black wire. There is the antenna hook up. Well, to my question; I was thinking of just wiring direct maybe with a relay, but if I can get the wires sorted out maybe I don't have to. Is the black ground or 12v, and is the yellow striped on switch? I have wired stereo's before, but I have always had a harness to work with. This being so simple can someone advise me as to what the harness wires go to. I did a search here and nothing came up for audio installation. Any help is good. Thanks!

Use a test light...

You need to verify the wires before hooking up. The black probably is ground, etc., but you never know what a Previous Owner has done.

However, new battery runs, with proper fusing and good, new connections are probably best. I've installed radios into my Fiats and Lancias before, and had to re-do to resolve ground loop interference in the sound output.

That's probably what I'll do...

can someone tell me what the stock setup looks like? Could these be the stock harnesses?

Back