Stock exhaust

M. Lawson

True Classic
This is more of a feeler inquiry at the moment, but does anyone have a stock exhaust for a 81 or newer X1/9?
My current exhaust is extremely loud and causing my ears (the ears of others - see police) discomfort. Until I can get a new; quieter exhaust made for it, I would like to replace it with a stock one for the time being....preferably with a test pipe in place of the cat.

On the other hand, perhaps some members here may have suggestions for quieting the exhaust down with minimal expense?

I might have something for ya.

Matt,

I am in the midst of redoing my engine (head, FI, and exhaust). I have taken my exhaust system off with the thought of going with an Allison system (to match my Allison exhaust manifold) or have a local shop create a custom system with dual pipes out the rear grill.....I digress. I have my old system, fairly decent, with one small crack in the exhaust pipe near the end (small weld up), but it does have the catalytic converter (no test pipe). If interested, shoot me a message and we can go from there. Have a great day!!

Matt

This is more of a feeler inquiry at the moment, but does anyone have a stock exhaust for a 81 or newer X1/9?
My current exhaust is extremely loud and causing my ears (the ears of others - see police) discomfort. Until I can get a new; quieter exhaust made for it, I would like to replace it with a stock one for the time being....preferably with a test pipe in place of the cat.

I have brand new factory original exhaust systems for 1975-88 USA cars in stock for a special price. The one for the fuel injected car is http://www.fiatplus.com/1980-88-usa-f-i-muffler-pr-276121.html

For the test pipe, these are the flanges, you just weld a pipe between them http://www.fiatplus.com/flange-for-end-of-test-pipe-pr-276086.html

Chris Obert

I also have a full FI exhaust in good shape but I shudder to think what shipping would cost. I hacked out my cat and did a flex in between. Glad I did since once bolted up you realize how differently things want to line up. I'd recommend the flex since I just don't see a downside to it. Other than it cost a few $$ more, like $5? I need to take an installed pic the flex certainly is flexing to accommodate where the thing really wants to be. Granted my spring hangers are in very nasty half rotted condition.

Back