stone guards

dnaze

Daily Driver
..or mud flaps. The lower rear quarter panels are really exposed to junk and stones flung up from the tires. Does anyone have a recommenation for tasteful, minimalist, no drill flaps that can work on an X? Or is there an option such an off the shelf application of those 3M clear thingies that anyone has used? I'm sure I could break out some old fashioned french curves and fab up some but out of what? This GT4 has some that look right:

308-11.jpg

hmmm... that car in the first link is a total fail as far as looks are concerned :rolleyes:

Good idea, but definitely needs careful execution!

flaps

on the rallycars we build we use urethane sheets.
we get it made, and can get it in thicknesses from 3mm to 10 mm,
depending what use we require it for.
can get it moulded in any of the main colors
just cut to any shape you want.
any plastics supplier should be able to help you

cheers
pete

hmmm... that car in the first link is a total fail as far as looks are concerned :rolleyes:

Good idea, but definitely needs careful execution!

Oh i agree, still a good resource for examples of whats been done and where to find the materials. What you do with that material is up to you, and how skilled you are with a razor.

Oh i agree, still a good resource for examples of whats been done and where to find the materials. What you do with that material is up to you, and how skilled you are with a razor.
well it is a cutting board so you probably wont be able to use a regular razor for it, might need like a cutting wheel or something powered

well it is a cutting board so you probably wont be able to use a regular razor for it, might need like a cutting wheel or something powered

Yea I was thinking the razor more for cutting out patterns for test fitting. I hadn't thought ahead far enough to cutting out the actual material :p

What about NOS?

I got these off eBay UK about a month ago for only about 30 bucks, including shipping. I periodically see them relisted so if you like they may come back up, or I can give you the sellers id.

CIMG0021.jpg

CIMG0022.jpg

Thanks for the ideas

I believe I will go the "cut my own" route. I have made several cardboard prototypes that I will convert and try. Gotta peruse the McMaster Carr site for the sheet stock...

Back