Stripe Pic, OPINION?

eflexter

Eddie Flexter
Just for fun, since I'm painting the car anyway, I decided to paint on some stripes. I used a spray can, so it ain't great, but you can see what the idea is.

I used black, hoping to key off the grill, but I think a brighter color would look better, like silver maybe?

Only problem I see is the style "dent" in the middle of the hood. It's like the stripe is competeing with the angle of the dent. They need to work together somehow.

FIAT015.jpg

Eddie... you are a TRUE American at heart!

Gives it a Trans Am look IMHO... ala Mustang and Camero... kinda "Americanizes" the car. Not a Euro look a all... and I, kinda like it.

YOU DO WHAT YA WANT THOUGH... REGARDLESS OF ANY "OPINIONS" EXPRESSED HERE... YA HEAR!

What I was really interested in seeing was the REAR Bubble-Bee kinda stripe in the rear, ala MOPAR MUSCLE CAR. I sincerely don't think it would look that good, but I was indeed interested in seeing it...

Anyway... I really like this, and the Black does go well and DOES kinda include the grille... I wonder if ya painted the grille BODY COLOR in parts and kinda carried the STIPE theme right through the grille work???

Hey... in either case... Try outlining the current stripe with a single Black PINSTRIPE and try that also...

Not a huge typically of stripes but I like it!

Ditto
maybe widen the space between them as wide as the wedge indent in the hood?
I don't much care for ANY graphic on any X I've ever seen but for some reason this black on silver is good, would love to see a 3/4 view of it photoshopped

Ya know Greg... that almost HURT to look at...

HA!

Reminds me of what my Graphic Artist son taught me... It's not so much the color(s), but the tone(s)...

Let me add also, the CONTEXT.

This one just doesn't work at all for me... not that I count... but I'm just sayin'...

Instead of black on grey, maybe something a little more subtle would look nice. I'm thinking those same stripes (maybe a little narrower) in a gunmetal color, a few shades darker than the body color.

Back