Stuck in gear

lanciahf

True Classic
Hi All,

Putting my Scorpion back together and the tranny seems to be stuck in gear. Is there an easy way to put the tranny in neutral from the engine compartment? I tried various settings with the gear selector adjusters but no matter where I put it the arm will not move side to side or front to back. I can move the selector arm up and down (raise or lower) which translate to the gear shifter moving side to side. But I can not move the selector arm front to back.

Thanks

Some one suggested to remove the detant ball springs but that did not help. Next I removed the reverse switch and the other two emission plugs. I could see the shifter forks for gears 1 through 4 trying to move but the selector fork for 5th gear and reverse will not move,

Any other ideas before I break something or worse push the car out of the garage and join the legions of failed scorpion owners.

Thanks

Problem solved, trans was stuck in 5th gear

Well after two hours of removing mounts, disconnecting the exhaust, axle, removing the drivers side rear suspension`etc. etc. I was able to angle the motor/tranny down enough so I could remove the 5th gear cover plate and disengage 5th gear, Of course the three rollers & springs went flying. Argh! With the help of my son I was able to sneak them back in place. Thankfully a friend stopped by and helped me put everything back together.

Back