Tape Needed

1983 blanco bertone

True Classic
Anyone got some duck tape? My latches are still disconnected. Been to the bike shop, auto parts, local bar (kidding) Anyway, I wanta take Shir for a spin and the engine lid keeps flapping up. Now the back trunk is undone too. So I need Bianco Corpu colored tape for the trunk and flat black tape for the engine....gotta match cause I may never, ever get it put back together. Oh, thought I was gonna be taking the seats and carpet out....:mallet: BTW I think my garage needs more space, stairs to the attic above, A/C, speakers, and a keggerator.

I've got some but only in gray.

You can drive it with the engine cover unlatched. I've heard it's a way to help an X keep a little cooler if you're driving in a particularly hot area as it helps to vent some heat from the engine compartment.

The trunk lid is heavy enough that you don't have to latch it at all.

You might want to try gaffers tape instead. Duck tape leaves a residue behind that's really hard to get off things, while gaffers tape doesn't. Or, if you don't mind blue (I realize it doesn't match), try some blue painter's tape. It should hold the engine lid closed and doesn't leave behind any residue either.

And I think every garage needs more space!

Larry
'79 X/19

Anyone got some duck tape? My latches are still disconnected. Been to the bike shop, auto parts, local bar (kidding) Anyway, I wanta take Shir for a spin and the engine lid keeps flapping up. Now the back trunk is undone too. So I need Bianco Corpu colored tape for the trunk and flat black tape for the engine....gotta match cause I may never, ever get it put back together. Oh, thought I was gonna be taking the seats and carpet out....:mallet: BTW I think my garage needs more space, stairs to the attic above, A/C, speakers, and a keggerator.

Good ideas

I was really being a sarcastic! Here is a pic of my long lost 79. Thanks so much for you feedback. True and also hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Back