Thank you all on the X-Web

I've been truly amazed at the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share it here. Thanks also for the encouragement - as I said in another post, I haven't even driven a Fiat X-1/9. . . yet

I almost didn't buy the car - I barely fit in it and it has racing seats, so it isn't the most practical vehicle. Towing it home (300+ miles - a story in itself) I was asking myself the whole way "What were you possibly thinking?"

I still have a black fingernail from the very first time a put a wrench to it. Still, somehow, I began to look forward to going out and working on it, or even just looking at it and dreaming.

Now, with a target of Thanksgiving week to hear what an X-1/9 sounds like, I'm getting like a kid looking forward to Christmas. I'm sure once I drive it around the block, I will have a whole new set of dummy questions for you guys. In fact, I'm already getting concerned about setting the carburetor up and where to go to get the pieces parts. There's a scratch pad next to the computer here with mains, idle, air, and emulsion info. :)

Pretty interesting that folks who compete (and I'm sure you compete against each other) are so willing to openly share and publish your knowledge.

Happy X-Mas to all, and to all a good night!
-- Mike

Amen Mike

We have a great group of folks here for sure. I hope you are planning to attend the 2011 Fiat Freak Out. It will be in Nashville, so you don't have too far to go at all and it will give you a chance to show off the results of your effort. :)

Back