Thanksgiving blessings to all!

Breaking my finger has slowed my typing by about 3/4; also slowed my life down a little. I had about a month's work planned for next week, but I think perhaps someone is trying to get my attention.

I am truly blessed to have Vanderbilt hospital just up the road - I have an appointment with one of the best surgeons in the country tomorrow. Although I complain about my job, I have insurance and can make the copay. Don't have to worry about gassing up the F-150 to make the trip.
There's a football game coming up (Titans/Redskins) and I have a beer & nachos to go with that. Wife & kids that love and support me, and two of the greatest dogs in the world. And on and on. Anyway, you get what I mean.

I hope this Thanksgiving finds you blessed and well also and that you are able to find the time to peacefully reflect.

-- Mike

Thanks for the wishes, I often find myself conveying how blessed and fortunate I am as well, even though I'm sooooo far from where I'd like to be in my life and currently unemployed, living with in-laws, etc... I think misfortune helps keep you grounded so you can truly appreciate all the help and greatness that does happen everyday in your life. Gotta admit though I'm ready for a positive change :innocent:

Putting cars away for "winter" makes me realize...

... just how blessed I am!

That, and about 10,000 other things and people and pets...

Thanks for the reminder Mike... and blessings rite back atcha!

All the best for all wonderfull people

here at the Xweb.
My best wishes to all the US Xweb members and their families.
Have a nice and safe holiday you all.

Back at ya Mike

Life is indeed good. Even with the ups and downs.

Keep that pinky straight! :)

Good point...

I recently mused about how glad I am that there are "rough men [and women]" who choose to deal with downed power lines and trees, so I don't have to. 20 hours without power may seem like a long time but really it's a luxury.

I hope the finger thing turns out well. I had a similar experience years ago, and while in hindsight I wish they had not re-attached it, everyone involved from the intake desk jockey to the surgeon to the P.T. folks were great. :grouphug:

Back