The height of mixed emotions, as told by a certified idiot.

Wish I was savoy enough to use a home network and set up my own cloud storage...most routers have a way to add a hard drive, but not easy to access...I would pay for an easy pre set up storage hub I could access from anywhere...someone has to have something

Wish I was savoy enough to use a home network and set up my own cloud storage...most routers have a way to add a hard drive, but not easy to access...I would pay for an easy pre set up storage hub I could access from anywhere...someone has to have something
The company Synology has a great selection of home NAS servers that are super easy to setup, usually have good tech support, and dozens of included apps for anything you may need. I've been using their DS214 two-drive unit since 2015 - brilliant

That targa bar (and my brain) caused my such lost and damage through the years (original bolts, custom made hub cap, misc. parts) that I'm really thinking of installing a birds spikes on it.

My x was a daily driver back in the day. Once I lost my coffee mug and another time I lost my packed lunch.

The company Synology has a great selection of home NAS servers that are super easy to setup, usually have good tech support, and dozens of included apps for anything you may need. I've been using their DS214 two-drive unit since 2015 - brilliant

I used three rather large versions of these in my data center for Tier two storage, it is a good company.

Local storage will break sooner or later. Regardless of NAS etc a backup is needed and H/W replaced every 3rd or 4th year. The future is in the cloud and it provides so much more flexibility and security than local discs. Cloud technology is even cheaper in the long run at least for small/mid-size businesses and private people. And phones are built for cloud.

Back