tire availability in Canada

Hi all. I've lost my source for tires in Canada. I was hoping to get some Sumi's but they are telling me that they can't get them anymore. Ideally I would like 185/60/13's up front and 195/60/13 at the back. Does anyone know of another tire source?

Options

Personally this is what I would do.

If it is the Sumo's you want and you can find them in the USA, drive across the boarder and buy them. If the USA does not have them then locate some in another country, then contact the rep for that country and ask if they would ship them to Canada.

Years ago I wanted a set of Pirrelli P6000 for my X the only place I could find them was in Turkey and the UK. I contacted the UK rep and he helped me get the tires to Canada 10 tires in all. Yes I still have 8 new tires stored in oil drums in my basement. The 10 tires came over in a shipping container with out extra charges, however it took 5 months from the time I ordered them to the time I had them mounted on my car.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Rob,
on april 16 I bought 4 "Federal FORMOZA FD1 185/60 R13 80H BSW"
at www.tires-easy.ca

There is the invoice:

Thank you for your order
Your tires-easy.ca Team http://www.tires-easy.ca
Your order number: 110xxxxx
Delticom North America
1306 NW Hoyt St., Ste. 304
Portland, OR 97209, USA
Ordered products:
Product number: R-133869
Order number: 1104xxxx
Product: Federal FORMOZA FD1 185/60 R13 80H BSW
Number of items: 4
Unit price: CAD 57.70
------------------------------------------
Total VAT not included: CAD 230.80
Shipping and Handling: CAD 98.25
GST (5%): CAD 16.45
QST (8.5%): CAD 29.37
Total: CAD 374.87

I have 2 Sumi 185-60 13 with about 50% tread use if you wanted I will give free.
I live on the south shore of Montreal if you are interested.

Last edited:
no thanks but,,,

I wont be interested in the used tires but thanks anyway.
I found some 185/60/13's. They are made by Federal tire. The Formoza Should I just use 175/70/13's instead since I'm pretty sure these are still available (but awfully skinny) ?

Falcon's discontinued

Just checked out the link. Thanks. Looks like the 185/60 is discontinued.:sigh:
Oh,,,it's Falkens (my bad)

sizes

So if these tires are ok,would you put 185's up front and 205's at the back? My 78 x19 is slightly lowered. Would it be an issue in the back?

Rob,
the tires are installed only since 2 weeks, so it's very early to have a real opinion.
But my first impressions on dry road is similar to Sumitomo but I'm a weekend driver and only cruise.

Back