Top Gear America - January 29th MotorTrend TV Streaming

tvmaster

True Classic
With the purchase of the ‘74 came Hagerty Classic insurance. With the insurance came a free year of MotorTrend TV App / Site access.

This Friday, January 29th, another re-boot of ‘Top Gear America’ begins. Based on some of my car’s comments, I imagine some won’t be interested in another useless car show meant to entertain instead of ‘educate’. Are there any other idiots like us, on the other hand, who will be tuning in to see what it’s like?

I'm guessing that this is an attempt to get me to pay for this before I see the show. Given the past history of the shows predecessor I have serious doubts that I would pay for it after I have seen it.
Another point: I have already paid for Motor Trend TV as a part of my $100+ Cable TV package. Now, I have to put up with "streaming" banners blocking a quarter of my screen while I try to watch something that I actually want to see.
"Idiots like us"??? Speak for yourself.

I'm guessing that this is an attempt to get me to pay for this before I see the show. Given the past history of the shows predecessor I have serious doubts that I would pay for it after I have seen it.
Another point: I have already paid for Motor Trend TV as a part of my $100+ Cable TV package. Now, I have to put up with "streaming" banners blocking a quarter of my screen while I try to watch something that I actually want to see.
So that's a 'no' from you then? If I didn't get the free subscription from Hagerty, I wouldn't be paying for streaming as we also get MT with cable. I prefer cable, and my TiVo, but we're a dying breed - everyone is forcing streaming down the public's throats, and the public isn't pushing back much. As far as the show goes - it was pretty good, considering they shot under strict Covid limitations.
"Idiots like us"? Yup. because I laugh at myself every day :)

Streaming banners? What are you talking about?

Streaming banners? What are you talking about?
I think that means the practice of in-show advertising during different shows.
I‘m four episodes in, and I like the chemistry these guys have. Should be much improved when Covid isn’t in the way of production...

Back