track width of an 850

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
Does anyone know the track width of an 850? Or know of an online resource for 850 dimensions? I am trying to determine if an 850 with fit on my trailer as seen here:

trailer_2.jpg

The open gap between the ramps on my trailer is 38.5 inches. An X fits with a few inches to spare to the inside of each tire.

Thanks

Thanks Jim

I saw that. but I figured the "width" was the total width of the car and not necessarily the "track width". I found this with some Googling:

http://www.tutorials3d.com/eng/blu_sheet.asp?id=166

So it says the track width is 1170mm (46.06") front and 1222mm (48.11") rear. So if I take 38.5 from those values it seems the tires will be on the ramps, but I think it will require a little precision driving to get the car loaded and centered up.

Tape measure says.....

JimD,

.......55 1/2 inches with 6 inch tires. Plus or minus a half inch. 850 Spider.

MEASURED and not gathered from published data.

You didn't mention Spider, Coupe, or Sedan ?

I ran into the same situation using a Hertz car dolly. The trailer innermost railing gouged the tire sidewall(s), but not that much. Not enough to harm the tire.

lezesig
'72 850Sp

Thanks Les and FiatPwr

Thanks for the info guys. It is an 850 Spider that I just started looking into today.

Les, it sounds like the 850 will fit OK, but probably will be a tight fit like the dolly you used. Now I just have to see how much info I can get out of the seller before I get too excited.

Back