Triumph Spitfire FREE

muskies666

Daily Driver
I know this is a Fiat forum but I thought some of you might be interested in other small cars, or know someone that is. This is my friends project car that never got started. He says it ran when he got it. Has a soft and hard top. Pretty good in the rust department. Passenger floorboard is shot. Car is complete with a clear Idaho title. We just need it gone to clear up space. Hate to see it end up at the scrap yard. Will tow to local (Boise, ID) area. Let me know if you want more pics or info.

20121024_143112.jpg

20121024_143122.jpg

20121024_143136.jpg

20121024_143148.jpg

Thanks,
Logan
208-914-5171

Spits are extremely well supported cars. You could almost order a kit to build one with the parts that are out there.

And it was styled by an Italian.

Looks to be a Mk 1 or Mk 2

Those early cars are harder to find because of rust. Looks like a lot of work to bring it back but as others have said all the parts are available from Moss, Victoria British, etc.

I wouldn't mind another Spitty but Boise isn't exactly close.

I have my 12 year old convinced a Spit should be his first car. He still gets mad and sad about letting our '63 Midget go. Those little cheap British cars are da bomb for "motoring" fun.

Dream Car

A Spitfire was my first real dream car. A rich kid in my high school had a gorgeous red one I used to drool over...
This is such a great offer and opportunity for someone (I really really want it, but in my current situation I fear I'd have to then sleep in it under a bridge somewhere):help:

..... in my current situation I fear I'd have to then sleep in it under a bridge somewhere):help:

When I brought home one of projects, a VW Vanagon Westfalia camper, the conversation went like this.

Wife: I swear, one more car in the driveway, and you're going to be sleeping in the damn thing.

Me: (forgetting to turn the smartass filter on) Well, it's a good thing I bought a camper this time.

The wife, to my utter relief, burst out laughing at how perfectly she had inadvertently set me up for the come back.

Luckily she fell in love with the Wesfalia and has talked me out of selling it a few times when I've had unsolicited offers.

Yes they are cheap in this condition

I have my 12 year old convinced a Spit should be his first car. He still gets mad and sad about letting our '63 Midget go. Those little cheap British cars are da bomb for "motoring" fun.

But given the correct year and model of most BMC cars my clients will spend 10's of thouands to restore it :lol:

It's not how much the car is worth but for the love of the car. Kinda like us.

My Dad has a '63 Midget in the back of his barn that has been there since I was a small child. It was his first car. He says he'll drive it again "someday," but he's said that for the last sixteen years or so. I'd be pretty upset if he got rid of it without at least asking if I wanted it, but then, I'm a bit older than your son too.

Back