Uno Turbo Brake hoses

glenegan

True Classic
So I installed my Uno Turbo calipers up front today and noticed that the hose does not screw all the way into the caliper like the rear brakes:

UnoCaliper2.jpg

I found a picture online and am trying to decide if the gap is as big or if there is a crush washer in there:

uno-brakes.jpg

I am debating if i should just get some custom made, since they are rather long anyway, i think i would need to attach the grommet to the body to take up all the slack:

DSCN1072edit.jpg

Anybody done this before? Any suggestions? It doesn't seem right that it doesn't come down on a crush washer to me.

Thanks,

Glen

Ok nevermind

I just noticed they are the same as BMW calipers and they just screw in, no washers so I think I am all good :).

Cheers,

Glen

What's the advantage...

...to Uno calipers?

You're missing the slider boots in the pic - did those get installed like that?

It's all about the ventilated discs

If you've ever experienced brake fade trying to slow down from 60mph into a downhill second gear corner...

The black caliper is a picture i found off the internet - here's the ones on my car:

DSCN1070.jpg

Err.. no.

While the bottom of the fitting boss on the Uno Turbo front calipers have a tapered seat, I'm not completely trusting that the hose end is correct and a leak might develop.

IMO, better to make it safe and proven by using a 3/8" ID copper crush washer with a shorter hose end. The fitting is 3/8" x 24 Tpi thread on the caliper boss.

These hoses might be too long if they are OE Uno Turbo hoses.. Note there were more than one style of brakes used on FIAT Uno.

Seriously consider having some AN-3 teflon & stainless braid brake hoses made. These would fit better and improve brake feel.

Bernice

I just noticed they are the same as BMW calipers and they just screw in, no washers so I think I am all good :).

Cheers,

Glen

I'll post photos

1rst , your missing something like this made from "cupru" soft kind of red metal :
Saiba%20metalica.jpg

the tube/pipe it is longer then it should be , so if you can make a custom from steel, do it !

however mine are screw in totally , all the way .

Back