Uno turbo water temp sender vs X1/9 water temp sender

Alex(Tenerife)

True Classic
So I am chasing down some temp issues and wondered has anyone compared the 2 senders and are the gauges the same calibration?

So what I have is uno turbo sender(the X1/9 one is a different thread) and the X1/9 gauge. The one I had from the donor has long since gone unfortunately.

Also I have a second water temp sensor on the inlet to the radiator.

Lastly I have oil temp sensor in the line to and before the oil cooler.

Went for a drive today, as I parked up what I saw was approx 90C on the dash gauge, 75C at the radiator and 80C on the oil temp.

Some of these differences I am sure are due to differing sensor location but it had me wondering if anyone has checked the UT sender works the same as the X1/9 sender just a different thread? or is it maybe giving a few degrees warmer than it really is?

It should be straightforward to measure resistance vs. temperature on the sensors and compare the results. Before even doing that, I would check their resistance at room temperature. If they are signifcantly different at that temp, they are likely to have different ohm per degree curves.

Finding the part numbers are tricky. Not much written on them.

I have measured resistance and at room temperature they are close. I was just wondering if they are close but exactly the same

Finding the part numbers are tricky. Not much written on them.

I have measured resistance and at room temperature they are close. I was just wondering if they are close but exactly the same
I would check them both at a higher temperature and see if the readings are still close. If they are, then they should have about the same temperature coefficient since they tend to be pretty linear.

So I am chasing down some temp issues and wondered has anyone compared the 2 senders and are the gauges the same calibration?
I am not sure I fully understand your question, but I have two temp sensors, one on the block "old style" sensor connected to the X1/9 gauge and a "modern style" on the thermostat housing connected to the ECU. My ECU indicates 5-7 ⁰C higher temp than the X1/9 gauge.
I don't think it is possible to measure the resistance on the modern sensor as this is a 5V device (Bosch).

After some digging into the autodoc site I found:
7 588 883 is M14x1.25 and is the sensor for uno turbo
7 588 882 is M16x1.5 and is the sensor for the X1/9
These seem so similar I bet they are electrically the same but you can never be sure

Bjorn, I believe he is referring to the old style for just the dash gauge...not for EFI.

Alex, the one for the X should be Fiat P/N: 4418305. No idea what the Fiat number is for the UT. But I looked at my database for the X's factory number, and both of the numbers you listed. The only info I found was:
7588882 = 6.3 terminal, NTC type, M16 (1.5), 238 to 2053 Ohms, 25 to 80 C temp range.
7588883 = 6.3 terminal, NTC type, M14 (1.25), no specs listed.
4418305 = NLA

Sorry that didn't help any.

Last edited:
Back