Update on my Scorpion

BrettM

1981 RHD X1/9
I have worked a bit on getting the black trim painted and the car looks much better. I also spent some time polishing the paint and the efforts paid off. I really hate to see this car go but it is going to a good place, the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville.

Before...
DSC_0045-XL.jpg

DSC_0075-XL.jpg

After...
6641_10200192545557012_1802399512_n.jpg

394833_10200192547437059_689986960_n.jpg

541880_10200192549717116_1611890139_n.jpg

The car looks great but

I have to lean sideways to get a good perspective. :eyepop: :)
Seriously, it looks great Brett. :thumbsup:

Sideways...

Yeah, I think that these cars are so unusual that they look better with an odd cropping. This is the kind of car that looks better in the flesh anyway, very odd styling that just works in a way that is hard to explain. If you look at one detail by itself, it doesn't look right but if you look at it as a whole, it works.

I guess I am stop dreaming now

OK, I guess I can stop sucking up to my wife now. :) The car looks good Brett.

Very nice!

Looks nice Brett. Maybe you know, the rear apron is also black or metallic charcoal on stock cars. FYI. :)

Bumpers

Brett,
What did you do with your bumpers? Did you collapse the shocks or replace them altogether?

Please let me kmow.

Thanks
Allan

Yeah...

I was going to paint that too, may still do it. I am trying to finish up and that is one more thing to do I guess. It would look better though. It also needs the wide black stripe along the sides too. Just not sure I want to keep going on that since I may want to keep it.

Looks great. Wish I was more flush with car money versus having to be flush it into the college system :)

I think it would look much better if you painted the headlight bezels and the little inset alongside them on the front of the fender a semi gloss or gloss black to match the grille area. Graphically it will unitize that area.

Wonderful looking car. Nice work.

Very Nice Brett!

Beautiful car! I'm glad to see the nose color returned to 'stock', I never thought that color matching the nose made any improvement to the overall look, if anything it disturbs the visual proportions of the car, probably why the factory didn't do it either.

Sorry, my apologies, I was reading the images bottom to top and didn't pick up on that. :dunce:

Well, I'll never own a Statos....

That Scorpion would look even better in my driveway, but I'll have to wait for the next one.

Back