Updated progress picture

bbrown

Bob Brown
I'm almost ready to re-insert the power plant... Thought I'd post a big image to show some detail.
Just waiting on a few hardware pieces to show up, like renewed bolts for the transmission and
a renewed hanger. Found all the sources to those small hoses with the 90 Deg. bends too,
thanks to my X-Web friends. More on that in the near future.

Now ready to button-up the engine cage... Enjoy!

myengineprofilesm.jpg

Also sports a lightened flywheel, done by DamonFG and balanced locally.
flywheelsm.jpg

I noticed two "runs" in the silver paint...

... on either side of, and just below the fuel pump block off plate... which should also be removed, plated and reinstalled with fasteners having a natural finish.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

I'd be ashamed to reinstall this engine in your car. Ship it to me and I'll fix up the loose ends, perform a long term reliability assessment and get back to you with the results... ASAP!

HA! Looking great Bob, a true MUSEUM piece! Congrats!

What can I say....

this is truly a work of art!!!!:king:

I have a spare Long Block on an stand waiting for this sort of treatment.

Guess I've got my work cut out for me...:hmm:!!!

I don't think I'll be able to meet your attention to detail, but I'll try. And as for the close scrutiny....please be gentle....:laugh:.

I've enjoyed reading everything recently posted, and will have an opportunity to read lots more as I may be going to Israel for training and eventually deploying to Afghanistan in the latter part of this year.

Keep up the awesome work and great feedback!

New Standard Established

A new standard has been established against which ALL future efforts of engine detailing will be measured.

It is called the...

Bob
Brown
Bling
Benchmark

Those drip marks

are in the original gray paint Tony, I just spray'd over them. :nod:

It's amazing what things you see (when the job is done) after you take hires photos. I never even saw them. :hmm: But alas, they're stay'n! :woot:
My OCD will have to adjust...

But thanks for noticing! Ha!

Brought to you by the department of redundancy department...

"Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada"?

Kind of goes without saying, doesn't it? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just messin with ya, Lou!

Pete

Wow

I'll say it again. Wow. It's a work of art. If my engine looked like that, I could talk my wife into using it for living room centerpiece.

WHAT??? At first I was upset...

... but now I know WHY you left the 'runs' on there...

"So you can always carefully remove the new layer of paint and then have the 'original' paint runs as they were from the factory".

RIGHT? SIMPLY BRILLIANT!

See... your OCD is in PERFECT RUNNING ORDER!

Cold Lake....

Pete, the locals tell me the reason it's called "Cold Lake" is that the Winter ice doesn't melt........it simply SINKS to the bottom of the lake:laugh::laugh:, out of sight for the Summer months:wink2::wink2:, only to return to the surface way too early for Winter.

I've been here for 25 years and I'm starting to believe them!!!!:help::help:

Thanks for the ribbing.....I can take it....:cool::cool:

Back