Use of 124 Coupe DCNF Alquati Manifold on Scorpion/Montecarlo

ward00

True Classic
I have a DCNF dual Alquati manifold that is dimensioned for use on Fiat 1608cc, 1592cc, 1756cc and 2.0L DOHC engines.

Can the Fiat Alquati manifold be used on the Montecarlo/Scorpion (possibly with a change of the inlet baseplate angle or other mods?) or am I stuck trying to find one that is intended for the Montecarlo/Scorpion?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 68
Monte /scorpion /beta engine tilts back at 20 degrees, so if you wanted to use this manifold you'd need to weld up the existing stud holes on the carby end of the manifold, re machine the carby mounting faces at an angle, the re drill the stud holes again... probably not a bad way to do it anyway as you'll end up with more clearance above the carbs for an airbox compared to the MC/scorpion specific manifold.

And no you can't make up wedge shaped spacers etc, it doesn't work as the studs need to be square to the carb mounting face.

SteveC

Besides the angled mounting face, the Monte manifold runners are also angled to the left (when looking from the rear of the car) to clear the alternator on the right. So you may also have to modify the alternator bracket to get this one to fit properly.

Repros of the correct Alquati manifold are available at Monte Hospital, I linked to that in your FS&W section post. Monte Hospital sells other DCNF components too, like a fiberglass airbox that routes to the original canister air filter. This helps feed cooler air to the carbs than open-element filters and should significantly reduce intake noise, if that's a concern. See other posts here about the possible fitment challenges, as Steve alludes to above.

Besides the angled mounting face, the Monte manifold runners are also angled to the left (when looking from the rear of the car) to clear the alternator on the right. So you may also have to modify the alternator bracket to get this one to fit properly.
If you use the compact lightweight aluminum non-AC oil filter housing and upper bracket to lower alternator without the AC compressor then there is plenty of room to use a straight shot intake manifold or side draft carbs

Back