Valve cover torc

Good evening all, what if any is the torc spec on the valve covers?
Thank you Anthony
I do not know what the spec is but... On a used Lancia Beta, one cam cover was kinda weepy. I bought new gaskets and took it apart.
The reason it was leaking was because one of those "bridges" that the knurled cam cover nuts threads into was broken off. It took some looking to find a welder who would reweld the aluminum bridge with the cam carrier still on the car. Be careful....

Don't know any spec torque values but on all my 124 spiders I make them "snug". You can way overtighten them if you crank down on the allen wrench so be careful. Just use common sense, these fasteners are there to hold the cam cover in place and create an oil tight seal with the gasket.

I do not know what the spec is but... On a used Lancia Beta, one cam cover was kinda weepy. I bought new gaskets and took it apart.
The reason it was leaking was because one of those "bridges" that the knurled cam cover nuts threads into was broken off. It took some looking to find a welder who would reweld the aluminum bridge with the cam carrier still on the car. Be careful....
I have the same problem! Previous owner over tightened and the bolt spins in the bridge. It’s in there and I put exhaust putty to extra seal it but every time I drive it I cringe thinking thinking of it dislodging.

if the threads in the bridge are stripped. How about installing a helicoil. Easy fix

Back