Valvoline Synpower

SSNET

Daily Driver
Anyone here use Valvoline Synpower in either the engine,
or the gearbox?
I am thinking of using it as Redline is not available locally.

Jim

What? No UPS delivery in Michigan?

myoilshop.com at reasonable prices.. use Redline MTL in the trans, four quarts, you will NOT be disappointed. Many here will attest to that.

As for ANYTHING else in the trans, I don't remember hearing about anything else in the 10 years or so I've been on this site that even comes close.

Engine oil... even I must admit that I have a purely EMOTIONAL attachment to my choice, as I can't PROVE its benefits other than to say I FEEL the difference and TRUST it ever since I dumped 4 quarts into my '66 - 1300 VW Bug!

I have moved on a bit, but not too far... I use John Force's choice in everything I drive... not too expensive and appears to exceed all my expectations. Castroil GTX 10-30 or 10-40.

What I think I learned

from all of your research Chris, is :
Rotella, and Wix (Napa Gold) for the engine, Redline in the transaxle.

Protection, availability, and price.

Jim

ZDDP additives?

I just saw that Eastwood products has a ZDDP additive. At about $10 an oil change, a little expensive, but the cars are worth it. Is it worth it to add this to our normal oil brands such as castrol GTX?

Mobile One, W15-50 NOT extended life has higher levels of ZDDP as delivered. Too much ZDDP can cause problems as well as too little.

Engine oil manufactures are working to solve this problem and might already have a solution.

I just saw that Eastwood products has a ZDDP additive. At about $10 an oil change, a little expensive, but the cars are worth it. Is it worth it to add this to our normal oil brands such as castrol GTX?

Back