Wanted: Big Valve Head

Have one for EFI

Just saw this and thought I'd mention we have one that all the machine work is done on. I still need to put it together. The intakes have been ported. The exhaust ports have been ceramic coated. The combustion chambers have been worked over for better flame travel. And it's running stainless steel valves. The intake valves are over sized.

Has the recesses for fuel injection.

Andy
Vick Autosports
817-483-9933

big valve head

Hello Andy, how much cash are you willing to spend? If you want a PBS big valve head you will be hard pressed to find one, used. I bought a used one a couple of years ago for a car that I am planning to build. but I have not started that project yet. If you are willing to spend some money for a re-manufactured big valve head, I can direct you to two different companies Midwest Bayless does not have the type of head you are looking for. However I called Vic Auto sport and asked them if they do a version of the big valve head and their response was that they make a head with over sized intake valves. I think they said 39mm. that head would set you back about a grand or more. You may even be able to get them to put bigger valves then that in there. I think I inquired about that. I recommend that you call them in person. I also think there is a core charge for the head unless you send them your own head. Your other option is to call Costa Mesa R&D in California. This company is familiar with Fiat X1/9 performance work and can also build you a big valve head. Go to You Tube and look them up they have a video of the making of an X1/9 big valve head. I am not sure what they would charge for their head, so you will have to inquire.
I hope this helps.
Regards Budgster

just buy a set of 39.5mm or 40mm valves and a good set of racing springs, take the head to a machine shop and have them build it the way you want. I had a head completely rebuilt with new valves and it cost under $400 and that included everything...

I did the same

Bought bigger valves and seats and had a local machine shop fit them. It was a quick and relatively inexpensive process.

Back