Wanted: Bosch Electronic Ignition module and Distributor

petex19

True Classic
Looking to buy a known working condition Bosch electronic ignition module and distributor for 1500 X.

I'm trying to determine what may be the cause of my tach's inaccuracies
by replacing ignition components one at a time and lastly the tach. gauge itself but that I already have a spare.

Let me know your price and post a photo if you can,

'PeteX1/9

ignition module

I have a working FI ignition module. However, rather than buying it, PM me and I will send it to you. If it is what you need, then we can discuss a price. If it is NOT what you need, then you are only out the money that it takes to send it back to me.

Allen Mandlebaum

I don't have what you are looking for but I can virtually guarantee that the inaccuracy is in the tach and the spare that you have is likely also inaccurate.

Okay I'm curious ? Are you implying that all X1/9 tach's are inaccurate?

Please explain your theory.

'PeteX1/9

Pretty much. I think if you asked around you would find the the majority are significantly inaccurate. Mine is almost 1000 RPM low at 7K. From what I've gathered its pretty common for them to read 300-500 RPMs high but actual accuracy varies pretty widely.

I'll agree with Matthew.

Just like the speedometer, the tachs tend to be inaccurate too.

I've been told that my tach is off by at least 500 rpm and have confirmed that as well.

Larry

Pretty much. I think if you asked around you would find the the majority are significantly inaccurate. Mine is almost 1000 RPM low at 7K. From what I've gathered its pretty common for them to read 300-500 RPMs high but actual accuracy varies pretty widely.

Also, it's virtually impossible for any of the ignition components to cause the tach to be inaccurate without causing more serious and obvious symptoms. The tach triggers off the negative side of the coil so really the only way there could be an accuracy problem aside from the tach itself is if there is a problem with the way the coil is firing which should be fairly obvious in the way the car runs.

If you want accuracy,

you've got to go digital, but I've seen combo tach's that were pretty accurate.
Generally speaking, I agree with the others regarding the X tacho.

Back