Wanted: trunk carpet

posaune

FOUND a good '86+!
I'm sure I'll be looking for other little things, but for now does anyone have trunk carpet in good condition that'll fit an '87? The car doesn't have the injection fan ducting if that opens it up to other years.

thanks

I have both pieces. I have the carpet from the floor of the trunk, and the carpet on the bulkhead. Let me take some pics tomorrow. Leave me your address and I can get you a shipping quote too.

Apologies fr the delay. Here is what I have. I have found carpets for the bulkhead. I have an A grade and a B grade. I know I have the bottom carpet, just need to locate it.

I have sold a number of things on the forum, don't let my snail pace bother you.

Ed

Heh- I'm not worried. This isn't THE most important thing in the world to me right now but its on the list. Just let me know when/if you find the bottom piece and I'll likely just get both at the same time.

Fear the mice...at least in the winter in NE.

I lose all the carpet and remove that insulation (absorbs moisture) under the trunk plate going all naked.

Same goes for the insulation in the spare tire compartment behind the passenger seat. I've gotten 3 parts Xs over the years all with nests in there so never took a chance and replaced the well area with Dynamat.

Fear the mice...at least in the winter in NE.

I lose all the carpet and remove that insulation (absorbs moisture) under the trunk plate going all naked.

Same goes for the insulation in the spare tire compartment behind the passenger seat. I've gotten 3 parts Xs over the years all with nests in there so never took a chance and replaced the well area with Dynamat.

Yeah, I just found the nest behind the passenger seat and vacuumed most of the insulation out. I'll have to pick up some dynamat at some point to replace it.

I need the trunk carpet though because it is the only place that my instruments (for work) fit and the pan is a bit of a mess without.

You might be better off getting some carpet remnants at a HD or Lowe's. That factory stuff was very thin and "felt like" material.

the factory access panel carpet would be fine as fits perfectly but you can still remove the insulation behind it with a blade.

4 screws hold down the truck tray...if you still have this inside you should remove it IMO. It acts like a sponge in this humidity...just go outside this week :shock:

then you can stick/lay down some DynaShield or similar on the floor or underneath the tray to help with the heat.

I have the carpet for the bulkhead not the trunk floor. I also have the front trunk carpet both in great shape

Jeff

Pictures sent.

Got 'em, thanks. I'm not totally sure what I'm looking at though. I get that the second pic is the floor part, and I definitely need that.

In the first pic, was it one flat and one with the cooling fan bump out? I have an '87 but the injector fan stuff has been removed, so flat is better.

The other question is if everything is the same style/color of carpet.

Back