WE have lost a great one (updated)

And some more 2003 pics...

http://www.melanconfamily.com/faza/
snork.jpg

i walked that cave, or one very similar to it if he has more then one. i was pretty amazed. i thought he was just fiat, till he started pointing to pipes and saying porsche and many other makes which i now cannot recall.

Well, happy to hear he's still around. I saw a post on another site that said he had passed away a few weeks back. Amazing how an error can get picked up and a rumor runs away.

To whomever started this thread...

You need to get your facts straight before saying something that serious.

Yeah sure, it's just an internet forum, but THIS one is a tight-knit community that cares and it's irresponsible to be so loose about such serious things, especially with a legend like Al. In fact, it's disrespectful both to him, his family, and to this community. I had called my long-time mechanic, who did business with Consentino back in the FAZA days and Florida, and told him. How many others here have told others, I wonder? And now it looks like we were going on an unfounded rumor. I personally regret that but I'm glad Al is still with us.

Thank the Lord Al is okay.

I really didn't know....

If you were a regular or not, racerx. No offence intended. I can see why you would have thought it okay to post. I'm not the police. I guess I would be one that has a ton of respect for Al and what he's done, conspiracy rants notwithstanding.

Thanks for clarifying.

WoW
I’ve just joined this Forum, having been given a link from the Sporting Fiats Forum over here in the UK.
Saw this thread and just read through it all and it brought back a flood of memories.
I’ve had a similar experience to others, even though I’m over here in the UK.
Pre internet days, back in the early 90's, I also spent a lot of time tracking Al & FAZA down.
The result of which was a fantastic exchange of correspondence and a load of really cool stuff like clippings, stickers, photos with Al’s hand written notes all over them that he sent when I ordered books directly from him.
Also had the joy of a couple of occasions of talking to Al on the phone about everything FAZA, Fiat, Abarth related.
As others have mentioned this was one of the most unique and memorable experiences in my life !
Forza FAZA, all the best Al
Jo0Lz

Al Cosentino is recovering

I spoke to my cousin to get an update on Al Cosentino. Al is recovering. Al broke his neck from a falling tree branch and later suffered a stroke. It is a miracle Al is alive.

Lou

Good news Lou!!

What in the hell was Al doing up in a tree? My dad is the same way, I can't convince him he needs to slow down on the home/yard work a bit now that he is nearing 80. I am sure I will be the same way. D*mn pride!! ;)

Thanks for the update and hopefully Al will mend and get back home soon.

Hmmmm... Thanks Lou for checking for us!

If you can... have your cousin give Al our regards... or if there is another way we can, let us know!

I Just spoke with Fumiko on the pkone.

Hey all, here is the scoop.

AL IS STILL ALIVE!:dance::woot: he is still in the care unit but is apparently getting better. It will still be quite some time before he can go home.

The business is in transition to be run by a Mike or Mark Miller in Austrailia( hard to understand Fumiko sometimes).

She is going to give my email to him and I will let the forum know how to get ahold of him when he writes me back.

So, Al is fine and I will keep in touch with Fumiko in the future and keep everyone postrd.

Back