We'll be testing the LeMons X tomorrow at Laguna Seca.

Haven't analyzed the TraqMate data yet.

One of the biggest challenges we have is finding tires that are sticky, but not too sticky. LeMons imposes a minimum treadwear rating of 190 UTQG. Most of the R-compound DOT-legal race tires are 180 UTQG.

As you all know, there's very few 13"-diameter tires available. The Sumitomo 185/60-13s I run on my street X have a treadwear rating of 380 I believe. Not sticky and, with an aspect ratio of 60, too much sidewall flex.

We normally run a 205/45-15 tire in the rear, but we've found only one tire with the treadwear rating we need and they're hard to find.

At Laguna, we tried a set of 205/50-15s; but, as Bernice suspected, they were too tall and it threw the gearing way off.

Fortunately, I bought a set of 20.5" x 8" x 13" racing slicks mounted on 13" x 6" rims to play with. The suspension wasn't optimized for bias-plied slicks, but they were fun nonetheless.

Regards,

I spotted the nice testing vid on youtube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efVMgWKPAog"]YouTube- Laguna Seca 032510 P1.mpg[/ame]

I have a set of Yoko 008s

If you want them, let me know. They are on wheels right now but I plan to dismount them soon. They have plenty of tread (for a slick) left and are still somewhat pliable.
Brett

Great folks!

Hello,

I'm new to Xweb but not X1/9's. Met Steven, Bernice and Pel (I think that's the drivers name) at Laguna Seca. I was driving a rented Spec Miata but they looked to be having more fun.

Steven's Green '74 was to die for.

BrianM

Welcome Brian...

... to the dark side!

Several X-Heads in Orange County, primarily Anaheim and Tustin... and you?

Thanks Brett..
008's are not allowed at LeMons, anything less than DOT 180 is not allowed at LeMons.. Folks get caught running tires with under DOT180 at LeMons and are parked until they get some DOT 180 or greater tires on the car.... they check every car for this.

It's one of the things that keeps the speeds down at LeMons, equalizes the cars to some degree and helps keep tire cost down.

Bernice

If you want them, let me know. They are on wheels right now but I plan to dismount them soon. They have plenty of tread (for a slick) left and are still somewhat pliable.
Brett

Back