West Michigan FLU Garage Day

kmead

Old enough to know better
Saturday, May 21 · 10:00am - 2:00pm

Bring your own problem :)
Seriously we will work on my 850 Sport Coupe, Pete's electronic ignition and any other work that presents itself.

Pete Ziegler's Garage
5295 164th Ave
West Olive, Michigan 49460

From 10-2, Burgers and Brats at lunch time. We will need to know how many are coming please RSVP me at: wmflusec*gmail.com

I am hoping to do the following task on my car:

Perform a recall on my car, forty years late.

The early models were delivered with a "spear" steering column. The recall changed that to a jointed column similar to the ones found on a 850 Spider. This apparently improved the crash worthiness or hopefully the survivability of having an accident in a tiny car that than being speared on the column through the chest, face or whatever...

Apparently my car was never updated. A few years ago I started watching for the parts on the internet. Lost a couple of times and finally got one about three years ago. The kit has a new steering column, mount, switch set, some trim (I think) and a new steering wheel. My set was complete and even has the instructions. I don't know if the wheel has gained a crack since I bought it but it didn't have one when I bought it. I'm not sure if the splines on the wheel are actually different or if there is some other characteristic that makes the new wheel different from the old one.

This could go well or ??

On Petes Spider we would like to install an electronic ignition to take the place of the two sets of points.

Looking forward to seeing you

Karl

WMFLU Garage day to the top

To the top with this, we will be meeting this Saturday.

Hope to see a few folks.

Karl

Back